MY TURN WITH INFAMOUS CHIPBOARD,LOL

amazingkevin

jUST HAPPEN TO RUN ACROSS A GIANT CRATE BEING THROWN OUT MADE OF BISCUIT WOOD,AKA CHIP BOARD.iT HAD VERY NICE GRAINS GOING EVERY WHICH WAY SO IF YOU CAN DO IT I'LL TRY TOO.iT'S GREAT LOOKING STUFF I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE LITTLE PIECES FROM IT Oop's capitals again !attachicon.gif005.jpg

Let your imagination guide you ,there is a full range of details and charactor in each piece ,I think an intarsia piece would be striking ,especially if the pattern were photo copied on mylar see thru sheets and cut out the various features and slide around to pick out the matching effect and pattern for that piece ,then combining to create real masterpiece ,my first thought is wild life ,every effect is there ,you may have a lit of scap but at the difference in price ,you can afford to be choosy ,and it's dimentionally stable .I look forward to your first creation !

You can say what you want about OSB ,It's stronger than MBF .partical board ,lighter and weathers vertical better than plywood ,glue mix really slows the bugs down and don't warp like ply wood .It will be interesting to see some examples of intarsia made from it ,I think everybody will be suprised and as for finish ,that may not come in a quick spray can ,I'll wait and see ,as the weather chases me back to my scroll saw , I may have to give it a chance see what I can do with it  !

I had a busy day  Did one thing wrong ,had to do another one over finished one and bought new wood for a couple dozen ornaments with names one them,not a bad day things keep moving,lol Yes the wheels are turning for the chip board.I had a friend explain how it's made so sounds like Carls right on the money for strenght.I'll try a background first and then something different . Bought the mylar film called 10 sheet poly protectors at the drug store3 -4 bucks 9.5" x 11.3" they look like they go on a three ring folderpost-1607-0-09029300-1414031894_thumb.jpg

I had a busy day  Did one thing wrong ,had to do another one over finished one and bought new wood for a couple dozen ornaments with names one them,not a bad day things keep moving,lol Yes the wheels are turning for the chip board.I had a friend explain how it's made so sounds like Carls right on the money for strenght.I'll try a background first and then something different . Bought the mylar film called 10 sheet poly protectors at the drug store3 -4 bucks 9.5" x 11.3" they look like they go on a three ring folderattachicon.gif013.jpg

Kevin .I was refering to the mylar sheets used for overhead projection ,that you run thru your copy machines ,I used for training seminars on equipment service training ,I designed yrs ago ,unsure if protectors will work well .worth a try ,staples is where I bought mine ,they have to dry over nite or they will smudge and blur . Did hymns for church the same way ,saves the need for a lot of books .Good Luck . Carl

I have used the Polly protectors to store filed patterns. It keeps them clean undamaged and you can file them in notebooks, I use them all the time I have my patterns stored in 9 different notebooks according to what they are they run about 10 cents each, well worth the money I bought a pack of 50 at a garage sale for 25 cents.

Carl i had a giant ovrrhead projector that would work in auditoriums i had to throw away in my moves.It was exspencive and powerfull.I'd project a business card on a wall at night and sketch the letters and paint the next day.I bought what IKE has ,Your would work too with dry erase markers for me! :cool:

Edited by amazingkevin

I was suggesting photo copying the pattern  on the copier mylar ,allowing for total view of differing pieces through the mylar outline to evaluate and choose wood shades and grain features  per piece ,to see how I thought it was going to look  before attempting any actual cutting on the OSB !With that ,I would make the go -no-go decision on a chosen pattern ,that was my original intent and suggestion . That is the way I will approach it ,anyway !