do you have physical conditions that limit your scrolling?

SCROLLSAW703

This has been an interesting thread for me gentlemen, & a boost of encouragement. After spending 35 years on the road, sittin' in a truck, it was a different world for me to be home all the time. I've been off the road 5 years this month. 3 years ago in January, I had my first major back surgery. In december, my second. Depression has been a big issue. I started truckin' when I was 14. My Dad had 10 trucks. All but two were cattle trucks. Dad taught me the business, & That was all I knew. When the sawbones gave me the long face, & told me I could no longer drive, It was like hittin' a brick wall.

In 2009 I had viral menengitis. Come in off the road with flu like symptoms, & wound up with a hospital stay of 8 1/2 months, lost the use of my legs, & partial use of my left hand. After tons of therapy, & learning to walk again, my back, legs, & left hand have never been the same. I was able to go back to drivin' for about a year and a half. Then My Father & a nephew passed away two weeks apart. I was on the road at the time, & had a nervous breakdown, & wrecked my truck. My Sawbones put me back in the hospital, & told me my nerves were shot. I couldn't handle anymore stress. From that point on, she said I was considered disabled because of my back & nerves. She helped me get disability, & I haven't drove since. Depression set in, & I nearly went crazy. That's when my bride decided I needed a hobby. Why she decided on woodworking, I have no idea, but she did, & I began to get into it. A few tools at a time. A lot of reading & research. Learning to use the tools, learning different woods, finishing, etc. 

I know some of this probably sounds backwards, but, I didn't think details were to important until I started readin' some of your feedbacks. I appreciate the time & your feedback, gentlemen. Sometimes a feller just needs to know he ain't the only one out there with issues, & how to deal with it. Woodworking has been a blessing to me also, Kevin. I've met alot of great folks over the years, & it keeps my mind & hands busy. Thank you again. God bless & enjoy the day.

thank you stoney. I appreciate it. I just take things one day at a time, & do what I can. My shop helps keep me focused. The friends I make here, & other places. For the most part, I'm a loner. That come from the trucking. But I enjoy it here, seeing what's goin' on, or if I can jump in & help somebody. You guys have all been great! thank you again, Stoney.