Scroll Saw Blades

I have been thrown a curve ball, our sole importer if Niqua/Flying Dutchman scroll saw blades is not importing #0 Pin Less Blades anymore leaving me up a creak without a paddle. So the question is you are familiar with the type of Fretwork Complex patterns I cut. I’m not totally relaxed using Spirals and I know they have a huge following, so what I’m really asking if I can’t get #0 will #1 or #1 reverse tooth do the job.

42 minutes ago, Insane Dust Maker said:

I have been thrown a curve ball, our sole importer if Niqua/Flying Dutchman scroll saw blades is not importing #0 Pin Less Blades anymore leaving me up a creak without a paddle. So the question is you are familiar with the type of Fretwork Complex patterns I cut. I’m not totally relaxed using Spirals and I know they have a huge following, so what I’m really asking if I can’t get #0 will #1 or #1 reverse tooth do the job.

Just curious, are you able to receive mail from outside the country? There may be folks on here who could send you what you need. I have no experience at doing that but would it be possible? 

Have you checked out https://woodenteddybear.com/collections/flying-dutchman-scroll-saw-blades

Same company as Mikes Workshop.

They say they ship internationally via UPSP.

I have order gross at a time to Canada and I have any  problems. Never been stuck at customs. Usually take a week to 10 days.

Are you looking for 2/0.  They have those listed in ultra reverse and scroll reverse.

8 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Just curious, are you able to receive mail from outside the country? There may be folks on here who could send you what you need. I have no experience at doing that but would it be possible? 

Our mail system has collapsed just like every other state owned entity in this country, this is due to a communist corrupt government.

8 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

Have you checked out https://woodenteddybear.com/collections/flying-dutchman-scroll-saw-blades

Same company as Mikes Workshop.

They say they ship internationally via UPSP.

I have order gross at a time to Canada and I have any  problems. Never been stuck at customs. Usually take a week to 10 days.

Are you looking for 2/0.  They have those listed in ultra reverse and scroll reverse.

Wooden Teddy Bear have told me that #0 Blades would be a special import for them as it’s not a stock item. (for now I can still get #1 blades but am concerned that they will not be able to handle the tight inside corners of the Fretwork Complex work I do). UPS is totally inflexible with their courier fees into our country. We can’t buy Seyco, Pegasus and de Walt Scroll Saws in our country ( well let me correct that statement you can if you are prepared to pay three times the value of the saw, for instance a 21” Pegasus saw would cost us about $3000 which includes courier and import duties could be more). Furthermore all state owned entities i.e. postal Service, Airline, Rail, Water Supply etc. is is in a state of collapse due this communistic corrupt government

17 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

never mind - I just read the rest of the comments.

Edited by barb.j.enders

20 hours ago, Norm Fengstad said:

Sorry you are having this problems but tells me why many farmers from your country are establishing here in Saskatchewan. Saw Bird sells these blades from Estevan, Saskatchewan,Canada He ships to me quickly and easily however your mail conditions would still be a problem

I also buy from Garnet.  It has been great service.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:44 PM, Norm Fengstad said:

Sorry you are having this problems but tells me why many farmers from your country are establishing here in Saskatchewan. Saw Bird sells these blades from Estevan, Saskatchewan,Canada He ships to me quickly and easily however your mail conditions would still be a problem

Yip sadly all state owned entities are falling apart, the problem is if you don’t do maintenance on the infrastructure for thirty years it will fall apart. All foreign aid given to them by the rich countries disappears into their pockets, we have a name for it it’s called the “Self Enrichment Program” line their pockets and the rest can go fly a kite.

4 hours ago, Insane Dust Maker said:

Yip sadly all state owned entities are falling apart, the problem is if you don’t do maintenance on the infrastructure for thirty years it will fall apart. All foreign aid given to them by the rich countries disappears into their pockets, we have a name for it it’s called the “Self Enrichment Program” line their pockets and the rest can go fly a kite.

We are seeing similar things starting to happen here too. Greed is rearing it's ugly head.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:34 PM, OCtoolguy said:

We are seeing similar things starting to happen here too. Greed is rearing it's ugly head.

Sad as it may be, our importer knows nothing about scroll saw work, it was all his fathers doing, but when he passed away the son took over and the business is on a slow decline.

3 minutes ago, Insane Dust Maker said:

Sad as it may be, our importer knows nothing about scroll saw work, it was all his fathers doing, but when he passed away the son took over and the business is on a slow decline.

Maybe it's time for one or more of you scrollers to step in and either help out or take the business over. Buy him out or just help get him off his high center. If the business is only a sideline/hobby, you maybe can add some sage advice to help him. It would be a win/win for all involved.