I need your honest opinion

amazingkevin

You're not doing anything wrong.  It has become almost the new national pastime to be offended.  Too many drama queens running around looking for some reason to join the offended ones in the pc crowd.  Besides, religious freedom is what this country was founded upon, not just if yours is like mine.  Respect is everything.  You do not have to agree to show respect. 

Sorry.  Kinda on the soapbox about this but you did say you wanted our honest opinion.  

Edited by Southern Scroller

You're not doing anything wrong.  It has become almost the new national pastime to be offended.  Too many drama queens running around looking for some reason to join the offended ones in the pc crowd.  Besides, religious freedom is what this country was founded upon, not just if yours is like mine.  Respect is everything.  You do not have to agree to show respect. 

Sorry.  Kinda on the soapbox about this but you did say you wanted our honest opinion.  

This one put a smile on my face too, thanks! :) :) :)

Kevin

There are way too many people who do not

attachicon.gifEngage Brain Before Mouth.jpeg

and have the attitude

attachicon.gifAgree With Me Or Be Wrong.jpeg

they all are in the group Einstein referred to in his second line

attachicon.gifGenuis Has Its Limits.jpeg

and your response should be

attachicon.gifGet Over IT.jpeg

because

attachicon.gifMy Give A Damn Broke.jpeg

that was WAY TOO COOL

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, do you look at the Christian cross as an idol or image that is worshipped? Anything can be put in the place that God is to hold in our lives. God knows your heart, that you don't want to do anything that will offend Him. If you are doing wrong He will tell you. (Romans 14:23b "For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin")

I've had a few people tell me that im making grave idol images in wood.Before i ever took this good paying scroll saw job i asked the lady if these are on the dark side so to speak.I don't remember the exact words but It was more explicit.Me  being a christian one of the 10 commandments was not to worship or make idols.I can't believe anybody would believe in these small wood items to have any value ,BUT maybe.It' my bread and butter every month and will hurt to stop making them.What is you humble opinions please.Here's the lastest she just had me make .Her store has prescious stones,beads ,necklasses,rings,stone eggs,egyptian items, etc.I don't see any goolish, devilish type things in there?attachicon.gif031.jpgattachicon.gif032.jpgattachicon.gif033.jpgattachicon.gif035.jpgattachicon.gif036.jpgattachicon.gif011.jpgattachicon.gif012.jpgattachicon.gif004.jpgattachicon.gif006.jpgattachicon.gif007.jpgattachicon.gif003.jpgattachicon.gif004.jpgattachicon.gif002.jpgattachicon.gif003.jpgattachicon.gif013.jpgattachicon.gif014.jpg

Hi Kevin - what you are making is an ANKH. This dates back to antiquity in Egypt. .  Some extreme interpretations of the Commandment to make no graven image interpret it such that even a photograph is a graven image (the Amish are one such group).  Others say that coins with a head on them (such as the Lincoln penny) violate the Commandment.  I feel that these interpretations are extreme.  Having said all that, the Ankh is not an  image of either a human, an animal or a plant, nor is it a representation of a (false) god.  In my opinion it is NOT a graven image by any normal interpretation.  The Reverend Ernie Richardson

Edited by oneleggimp

Hi Kevin - what you are making is an ANKH. This dates back to antiquity in Egypt.  It has also been called the "handled cross"..  Some extreme interpretations of the Commandment to make no graven image interpret it such that even a photograph is a graven image (the Amish are one such group).  Others say that coins with a head on them (such as the Lincoln penny) violate the Commandment.  I feel that these interpretations are extreme.  Having said all that, the Ankh is not an  image of either a human, an animal or a plant.  In my opinion it is NOT a graven image by any normal interpretation.  The Reverend Ernie Richardson

This is the top answer Reverend! thank you for putting it to rest :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well all I can say is you been a busy man. They look great. Are you stack cutting those and are those names made out of plywood glues together. They look pretty thick.

Yes 3 1/4" pieces stapled together for a stack cut and the names are glued on a 1/4" 1.5" Popsicle shaped stick,good eyes!Thanks for looking!