Fun to Scroll, but Not What I Hoped

Scrappile

I've been wanting to try scrolling a trivet out of Corian.  I use to make items out of Corian on the lathe so, why not on the scroll saw.  Well I don't care much for the result of what I did but I think it was the color of the Corian I had that is disappointing to me. There was one in the scroll saw magazine that I liked.  Oh well.  I did it, it was a nice relaxing cut and if I ever get some other Corian in a pattern/color I like I will probably try again.  I did like Bob's pattern that I used.

IMG_2670.jpg

Yep I don't care for the color my self. But like the pattern.

Question :

where can you buy small Corian like this?

what would be the best blade to use on this?

All the Corian I have or had, was given to me by various people that had new kitchen counter tops put in.  I was also able to buy a big box of it from a guy on a pen turning forum I use to frequent.  I think if you went to a store that sold it you might be able to cut a deal on some scraps.  Or contacted an installer. 

I use a Flying Dutchman's #5 Polar blade on most of this.  It worked great as long as I didn't rush things.

Edited by Scrappile

I've been wanting to try scrolling a trivet out of Corian.  I use to make items out of Corian on the lathe so, why not on the scroll saw.  Well I don't care much for the result of what I did but I think it was the color of the Corian I had that is disappointing to me. There was one in the scroll saw magazine that I liked.  Oh well.  I did it, it was a nice relaxing cut and if I ever get some other Corian in a pattern/color I like I will probably try again.  I did like Bob's pattern that I used.

IMG_2670.jpg

I like the color,it reminds me of cooking ware i've seen,beautifully cut!

Charcoal is an interesting color to work with.  You did a great job on cutting that trivit.  Like you I think a lighter color would be better however that is just personal preference.   Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

Look to Ebay for Corian.  You also can sometimes find a cabinet shop that does kitchen renows and they sometimes will sell the sink cutouts and the scraps,