wood sources for fret work and puzzles

Sam777

LOL i don't buy wood :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Way to much for free.If you want the best ever contact your local coffin maker company's The throw ot truck loads  because they are super pick because their customers want the best.Also apartment complexes ,higher end have a turn around of tenants around the end of the month and the 1 st. really quality hard wood furniture to be had and cut down.Cabinet makers are my main suppers for the zillions of free names i give away for a smile :)  :D  :)  :D  :D  :D  :)  :D 

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to get wood supplies:

. Baltic Birch plywood and other plywoods...

. 1/4 and 1/2 solid oak, Birch, Maple...

I would appreciate some help.

Thank you

Sam

I looked on your profile to see where you live. I was going to Google search for hardwood suppliers and also cabinet maker companies they have some nice maple scraps. Good luck

Tough to buy unless you have the right stores nearby.

pretty much forget home depot or lowes or jumbo lumber yards.

i discovered a specialty cabinet makers type store here that carries about 40 different types of plywood.

every size baltic birch you can imagine.

Look for some specialty places like that and they will have it.  its common for them.  fair prices too.

I get Baltic Birch at a specialty store about 50 miles away, Edensaw, for around $25 per sheet, or a $1 per square foot..  It is mostly used for backer material.  Actual scrolling wood is locally sourced, finding someone selling logs and a local sawmill to slice it in the desired thickness.  I usually go for 1/4" so I can sand it and remove all the saw marks.  Natural edge is best for my markets, yours may vary.

Terry

hey,sam!

are you addicted to scrolling yet?LOLOL

iffen ya look up top of the page here theres a tab titled "wood finder."

ive gotten my ply on ebay from KC hardwoods woodworking supplies. free shipping,too, for the ply.

and also ocooch hardwoods.good prices in scrollsaw ready hardwoods,too. both have been very good quality ply at a good price.

seems that a good price for 1/8" bb ply is about a buck a square foot and $2 a square foot for 1/2"

Edited by tomsteve