12 Year Old makes a version of the Inlay Box

hotshot

Some of you may have seen a picture of the inlay box I submitted a few days back.  Here is a video of Alex, my 12 year old attempting that same technique, except he had some other ideas for styling the sides and alternating the colors.  The video is really edited a little long (can't have to much for the grandparents), but you can scan it to get the idea of what went into it.

--------Randy

Edited by hotshot

Hey Alex,

that's a really great job on the box with some unique ideas that you have managed to put into practice.  All the equipment in the shop helps a lot and you certainly know how to use them

To be so acomplished and comfortable in the workshop at your age is really remarkable and gives you a real head start on your friends, with something that most of them will not be able to do.  Far better to be active there than wasting time elsewhere.

I hope that you manage the time to continue your hobby and with your studies, that's not always easy. But if you can manage to put in a little time occassionally, it will be worth it as you have the makings of a future expert.

Good luck to you and I hope to see more of your work soon. Please let us all know what the result of the competion was.

Also, well done Dad, for showing him the way.

Edited by Malcolm161

WOW !!! ... Fabulous work young man and credit to your teacher. With your talent and the endless technology abounding us daily even in woodworking there'll be many doors opening if you continue with this talent. Oh, love the box. Very beautiful.

P.S. A dust mask will help protect your lungs.

Edited by Ron Johnson

Some of you may have seen a picture of the inlay box I submitted a few days back.  Here is a video of Alex, my 12 year old attempting that same technique, except he had some other ideas for styling the sides and alternating the colors.  The video is really edited a little long (can't have to much for the grandparents), but you can scan it to get the idea of what went into it.

--------Randy

--------Randy

Looks like 2 sharpshooters in the family!