Go to font?

Kyle Wilt

A couple of years back I found and purchased for a couple of dollars a CDROM with 25,000 fonts on it.  I will search through them sometimes to find a font but I like Creampuf for some things Arial Bold Rounded for others.  It all depends upon what I am doing at the time.  There are thousands of free fonts out there and like the others have said  you will invest a bit of time looking until you find the one you like the best.

DW

This is no doubt a stupid question.

So I purchase a CD of  fonts or download a font.

What is the next step? How do I get it into my word processor?

clueless in GA

I have a program called Font Viewer.  Its free.  So i just download them to a folder i called Uninstalled Fonts.  Open that program and go from there.  But i just downloaded one to test how to do it the "normal way" and it was just a matter of double clicking on the font, it opens and at the top of the window says "Install" i click that, and it's installed.  But i have Windows 8.1.  I remember when i had some older operating systems i had to open Windows and go to the Fonts folder and drag and drop the fonts in there.  But that was years ago.  So I'm sure you'll probably be able to just double click the font and say "Install", Give it a try.  :)

Russell

This is no doubt a stupid question.

So I purchase a CD of  fonts or download a font.

What is the next step? How do I get it into my word processor?

clueless in GA

When you download a font it is usually a zip file. You can usually right click on the zip file and extract the files, this will create a folder with the font file you need and sometimes a read me file that will tell you all the legal stuff. Right click on the font file and select "Install font" this will install the font and you will be able to use it in whatever program you are using. If you have a program open when you install the font you will have to close the program and re-open it for the program to be able to use the font that you just installed.

Kurt