Miniature Birdhouses

Denny Knappen

As mentioned sometime back, about two weeks ago, someone purchased all 16, so the tree was empty.  I made four last week and now four the week.  The woods used are Maple for three with Walnut birds and Walnut with Aspen birds.  The Maple must have had insect damage, look at the second birdhouse.  This was a surprise when taking the compound cuts apart, but I still like the effect.  The pattern is by Diana Thompson and found in CWWC May 2011.  Comments wellcome.

post-29198-0-52577800-1469549831_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-47937400-1469549842_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-56910900-1469549848_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-11906400-1469549855_thumb.jpg

Well Darn, Denny has me excited to make some, so I went looking for the patterns I bought a several months ago.  Can not find them anywhere.  Guess they did not come along when I got my new computer.  Oh well, I will keep looking and if no joy, I will buy them again.  Keep Diana in business.

Great work, Denny,

Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone reading this topic about the miniature bird houses know

where patterns are available with the base on them so they are free standing?

I didn't see any on Diana Thompson's site.

God Bless! Spirithorse

They are on her site. You have to go looking for them. Edited by dgman

As mentioned sometime back, about two weeks ago, someone purchased all 16, so the tree was empty.  I made four last week and now four the week.  The woods used are Maple for three with Walnut birds and Walnut with Aspen birds.  The Maple must have had insect damage, look at the second birdhouse.  This was a surprise when taking the compound cuts apart, but I still like the effect.  The pattern is by Diana Thompson and found in CWWC May 2011.  Comments wellcome.

these little guys are ready to sing for there dinner.Worms just love the sound  they make and die listening toit ,lol I still haven't finished staining or painting the 196 i made .your right they do make you smile! :) :) :):D :D :D;) ;) ;):rofl:

Great work, Denny,

Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone reading this topic about the miniature bird houses know

where patterns are available with the base on them so they are free standing?

I didn't see any on Diana Thompson's site.

God Bless! Spirithorse

I think those are much bigger - and they are a Sue Mey Pattern, I think!  I made one.  

post-28761-0-80282700-1459115991_thumb.jpg

They are on her site. You have to go looking for them.

Gee, Thanks, dgman,

I would think that since I said "I didn't see any on Diana Thompson's site." the implication would be that

I DID already search her site.

If the reply isn't helpful, I thnk it is a bit rude when a serious question is asked.

Thanks anyway and God Bless!

Spirithorse