A great day for me today

heppnerguy

This morning my wife and I took a trip up to Tri-Cities Washington. My wife spent 3 hours in the mall and I met up with our one and only Scrappile, (Paul) and spent the time my wife was in the mall at Paul's house and got a good look at his shop as well as a huge amount of his wonderful work. Not only is he a top notch scroller, but he showed me some furniture he made and his really cool cigar box banjos he made. He also has a sale boat in his garage that we  never got to today as well as an organ grinder that he hand made and he played it for me. It was beyond belief.This guy is so full of talent, I can not believe my eyes as I looked about the rooms of his basement where he has some of the coolest scrolling my eyes have had the luxury to behold. This was all in the house that, yes again, Paul built. It was great getting to know him a little better. We also exchanged a little bit of wood and he gave me a tub of glue to help me with my pieces coming unglued and falling to the floor.

Thanks Paul for the interesting and fun time with you

Dick

heppnerguy

This morning my wife and I took a trip up to Tri-Cities Washington. My wife spent 3 hours in the mall and I met up with our one and only Scrappile, (Paul) and spent the time my wife was in the mall at Paul's house and got a good look at his shop as well as a huge amount of his wonderful work. Not only is he a top notch scroller, but he showed me some furniture he made and his really cool cigar box banjos he made. He also has a sale boat in his garage that we  never got to today as well as an organ grinder that he hand made and he played it for me. It was beyond belief.This guy is so full of talent, I can not believe my eyes as I looked about the rooms of his basement where he has some of the coolest scrolling my eyes have had the luxury to behold. This was all in the house that, yes again, Paul built. It was great getting to know him a little better. We also exchanged a little bit of wood and he gave me a tub of glue to help me with my pieces coming unglued and falling to the floor.

Thanks Paul for the interesting and fun time with you

Dick

heppnerguy

I'll bet you never stopped smiling once you got in the museum of scrappile,Great having time to reminisce with friends,Birds of a feather flock together

Glad you two could get together.  I am sure you had a great time and got to enjoy seeing all of his work.  What - only 3 hours in the Mall - surely your wife could have done better then that!  ;)  Course, I would have skipped the mall and gone to Scrappile's with you.  :)   I hate the mall - not much for shopping either (unless I am looking for new toys - err "tools" for my crafting hobbies.)  :oops:   Hubby says it makes it difficult for him when its time to buy me presents though!

Dick, it's always nice when fellow scrollers can get together, it's a great chance to pick eack others brain for ideas.

Len

Len,

Paul is such a better scroller than am I and it was great to see all his amazing work. The one thing I hope I came away from there was, I need to take extra care with my cuttings and other work and start taking the time to be a little more of perfectionist. As I near completion of a project, I find that I  am  so  anxious to finish that I rush things too much.. I hope seeing Paul's great work will help me to slow down a little.

Dick

heppnerguy

Glad you two could get together.  I am sure you had a great time and got to enjoy seeing all of his work.  What - only 3 hours in the Mall - surely your wife could have done better then that!  ;)  Course, I would have skipped the mall and gone to Scrappile's with you.  :)   I hate the mall - not much for shopping either (unless I am looking for new toys - err "tools" for my crafting hobbies.)  :oops:   Hubby says it makes it difficult for him when its time to buy me presents though!

Funny you said that about presents as scrolling has taken the terrible shopping for birthdays and holidays away from me. I used to go to the  mall for those only to have no idea of what to buy. Now I cut a couple of new pieces and the wife is happy. Way better for me..

Dick

heppnerguy

Funny you said that about presents as scrolling has taken the terrible shopping for birthdays and holidays away from me. I used to go to the  mall for those only to have no idea of what to buy. Now I cut a couple of new pieces and the wife is happy. Way better for me..

Dick

heppnerguy

Always good to have a happy wife.  :)  :D  :lol:

Whenever a smile is placed in your heart it's always a great day. With all the online access sometimes we lose the sight of actually friendship in a physical bonding type of way. I'm glad you guys were able to get together and have a blast.

I met one scroller from the Village and that was Doug to give him that Porter Cable and it was great to see and hear what other scrollers thought of your work in person.

You guys are two gentleman of our trade and hobby that I wanna thank for sharing your art, workmanship, and experience with us here at the Village. Thanks for sharing your time together with us.

Ciao Bronx

Len,

Paul is such a better scroller than am I and it was great to see all his amazing work. The one thing I hope I came away from there was, I need to take extra care with my cuttings and other work and start taking the time to be a little more of perfectionist. As I near completion of a project, I find that I  am  so  anxious to finish that I rush things too much.. I hope seeing Paul's great work will help me to slow down a little.

Dick

heppnerguy

I fall guilty the same thing and looking at Paul's work I stated to myself it's his cutting and detail to finish that puts his craftsmanship on peoples walls.

Thanks for keeping the Village alive and well.

Ciao bronx

Whenever a smile is placed in your heart it's always a great day. With all the online access sometimes we lose the sight of actually friendship in a physical bonding type of way. I'm glad you guys were able to get together and have a blast.

I met one scroller from the Village and that was Doug to give him that Porter Cable and it was great to see and hear what other scrollers thought of your work in person.

You guys are two gentleman of our trade and hobby that I wanna thank for sharing your art, workmanship, and experience with us here at the Village. Thanks for sharing your time together with us.

Ciao Bronx

I love the opportunity to meet our Village family members whenever the opportunity arrives. I would suggest that you make the effort to meet up with Doug again and get to  know each other better. Friendships are built with effort. A one time meeting is fun and exciting but an effort to see others on a somewhat regular basis is so well worth your time..

Dick

I fall guilty the same thing and looking at Paul's work I stated to myself it's his cutting and detail to finish that puts his craftsmanship on peoples walls.

Thanks for keeping the Village alive and well.

Ciao bronx

Ciao,

Paul is an amazing and very artistic person. I was truly blown away looking at the great detail he achieves in his work. It is effort of others like Paul that inspires others to go the extra mile. We talked about the pattern makers and what wonderful artist they are. Steve Good is such an inspiration to so many scrollers with all his free patterns he produces. It is wonderful to have people like him and our own Travis that has and continue to have done so much for all of us.  Thanks for you post, Ciao, as posts like yours makes the rest of us know and understand that the people here in The Village truly care about one another

Dick

Now that sounds like a great meeting of friends. It's not easy to meed other scroller's that live in different states.

Although Paul and I live in different states, (Oregon and Washington ) we both live with in 50 miles of the boarder so it is not a big deal to take an hour and a half to drive to each others homes and spend a little time together. Friends are certainly worth our time and effort to see each other now and then. What better thing do we have then the time we spend with friends and family?

Dick