"Limited Edition" Items for an event

Iguanadon

Well... it's still several days away, but as of right now it looks like Hurricane Matthew may ruin the festival, for me anyway.  Rain forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday as Matthew approaches and brushes past us.  I can't even set up and try to sell in the rain since water would ruin my items.  

I keep a tarp with me in the event of a passing shower during the course of an event to cover everything for a period of time, but a total rain-out/washout means I won't even bother setting up.  I won't risk having 100 pieces ruined.

A lot can change in 5 days when it comes to tracking hurricanes, so I'll continue to watch and will hope I don't get rained out.

That is some awesome pieces you have cut there Scott.  I will pray that Matthew goes back out to Sea and leaves the Music Festival alone so that you can see how well they may sell.  I have several musicians in our extended family including a professional sax and flutist - they would all be in awe of your work. Thanks for showing your work.  Good luck as well with the dog show.  

Well, the Seafood, Jazz and Blues Festival has been postponed til April due to Hurricane Matthew.  The good news is that 24 hours ago it looked like the eye of Matthew was going to come directly over my house but as of this morning he is expected to take a sharp right turn at South Carolina and reduce the impact on us dramatically.  Still lots of rain and some wind, but nothing like what it was looking like. 

Now I get to focus on stockpiling for my next event on Oct 15, a dog rescue fundraising event... Iggy Heaven... hundreds of dog enthusiasts getting excited when they see their dog breed on my table.  I can't wait.

Sorry to hear that you will have to wait until April to see how your items are received but sounds like it is for the best.  Hopefully Matthew will lose his punch more then the anticipate and will move further out to sea sooner then later.  I pray for all in his path.  Good luck with your next event in a couple of weeks.  You are right, everyone loves to see their dog breed when they see things with dogs.