One foot in the grave,trying to climb out

amazingkevin

Who-ah,My good customer wanted some display boxes for her counter top in Two stores.forgetting I'm old and broken down i set out to do the task.Well 5- 4x4's 8' loading them up at the big box store almost did me in.Taking them off the roof put another nail in the coffin.And then putting them in the ware house another nail.the 4x8 sheet of slat plywood loading and unloading added half a box of nails.Two three days later when i came too i tryed to cut the 4x4's into 32" lengths and roll two sides copper color,plus both ends.that did me in for another day.finally a week after i started i cut the sheet of plywood  ,2 lengths at 32" &4 at 24" x 20 .I split 2x4's to put in the corners for strength.cut a sheet of 1/8" fiberboard ,looks like peg board but with out the holes,Firmed that up with 2x2's for the top.that leaves the bottom and the back open.Mind you now i have no table to work on and have to do this with as little moves as possible.i used my ryobe finish nailer to nail everything.got er done and loaded on the roof of the car.I told her I've had it and cannot do another thing like bring it inside her store.She found helpers and that's that .This was 2 days ago.I've been in the bed for two days moaning and groaning from arthritis .thank god it's over with.Good thing is i have a new 32" flat screen hdmi for $99.00 What a difference as i can use it for my computer monitor and have a tv to boot.I can't pick up any stations in the metal warehouse put could get dvd's from the library.God is good.post-1607-0-79340700-1486433736_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-43696600-1486433750_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-43956800-1486433766_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-59343400-1486433778_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-47683800-1486433794_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-72285400-1486433808_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-76066700-1486433819_thumb.jpg

Edited by amazingkevin

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,

I kept by-passing your post because it was titled so negatively but,

finally read it tonight. At least it ended on a more positive tone.

You don't have a table and you work with wood? Come on now. How hard would it be to

make a table any size you want with folding legs for flat storage?

I would think the people at the store would have loaded the lumber if you had asked.

Anyway, glad you got some cash and have the projects finished.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Kevin you need an assistant... perhaps a trainee???  Someone that wants to learn how to scroll.  Thanks for sharing these with us... Glad you have a good sized "monitor"

DW

Everybody wants journeymans wages .even to sweep the floor.My first big screen monitor .I

m loving every second using it.It would be a great help for a patterning person i believe?

Wow Kevin you had quite an ordeal.too bad you didn't have

the helpers when picking up the wood.After all said and done

you did a great job on the boxes.

Now get some popcorn and a big drink and enjoy some

movies on your new tv.Its relax time.

And what an ordeal it was .I wish i could get one station but can't i just want to watch Joel Osteen on sunday mornings.All that get up sing sit down get up sing is for the birds now at church .i can't do it anymore.Thanks Gordie.

GOLDEN YEARS ... I recall my mother saying .. Shove them up your --- Now I know what she meant .. Lol

Slow down. Like Dave said .. We're getting too damn old.

I've put in my years working and worked for my self.I'd always have the tools to make the job as easy as possible having the right tool for the job.I guess those days are gone.Yeah the mind says i can do it but the body say no .Being 340 pounds and working on the ground adds to much stress and strain on the body.it's all i do muster up to get back on my feet top get something and get down and right back up to get something i forgot.Enough~Thanks Ron .Mom's right!

My cousin calls it sixtyitus, seventyitus only gets worse.  Great work on the boxes though Kevin but in future think before you say yes.

Marg

Yes i know She my one and only last customer and i need her as much as she needs what my scroll saw can do for her.i hate to tell her no ,But she understand now.Thanks Marge!

And what an ordeal it was .I wish i could get one station but can't i just want to watch Joel Osteen on sunday mornings.All that get up sing sit down get up sing is for the birds now at church .i can't do it anymore.Thanks Gordie.

Kevin, you do not have to stand for each hymn.There are folks where I go that stay seated, because

of health or mobility issues.The secret is to get in a back pew.But to get a back pew, you have to get there early.

Funny, if you were going to a concert, you have to be there early to get a front row.Church you have to be there

early to get a back one.The pastor doesn't care just as long as you are there for the offering lol Bad eh?

Never the less the hard work paid off Kev hope they were happy. :cool: :cool: Roly

Well kind of .She sent two different measurements one 20 " and another 23" so I'm thinking that if i do it all 24" there's no waste in the full sheet of plywood.Well big mistake that extra 4" will cause a blind spot to watch for theft.so she had to call someone on craigs list to cut 3 sides per box for $50.00 because i could not do one more thing for her that day.Simple job but not for me after struggling all day .I'm happy though.I'll make it up to her in jobs i can do on the scroll saw .She's the one that gets the ANKH's from me 3' tall 24'-10" -8" -6"-3"-&2" Plus lots of other small things ,Ring holders etc.