Thank you everyone

heppnerguy

That is great Dick, so glad to hear the event went so well.   Organizations and events that are dedicated to children's health issues are the best there is in my opinion.   There is nothing more heartbreaking to me than very sick kids.   St. Jude Children's Hospital is at the very top of my charitable giving list.   Thank you for the follow up.

Edited by stoney

That is great Dick, so glad to hear the event went so well.   Organizations and events that are dedicated to children's health issues are the best there is in my opinion.   There is nothing more heartbreaking to me than very sick kids.   St. Jude Children's Hospital is at the very top of my charitable giving list.   Thank you for the follow up.

We also donate to St Jude's. it is one of the few charitable where all the money goes where you want it to. And the children are treated free at St. Jude's. a truly wonderful place to give

Dick

heppnerguy

Last night was the benefit for little Asher, the little guy with the incurable decease. it was very well attended and they raised a lot of money . which will be used for research for what is now incurable. My little ram plaque went for $150 which is more than I would have sold it for by $100. So i am happy that I was able to do that small part. They had probably about 100 or more things donated to the write in bid items, where  my piece was. Those things went for $50 up to about $200 each. Then there were 90 items that were auctioned off and those went from $400 to over $2000 each. There also was a steak dinner for $20 a plate and I would estimate there was probably at least 300 of those dinners served. The place was packed. The line to get into the dinner was all the way through that building and out on the sidewalk to get in. I heard that some people left because the line was too long. A couple of gals from our material store had a raffle on a quilt they made and the tickets were $5 each. they sold over $2000 worth of tickets on it. So to guess the amount brought in by this little town for this event is unknown by me but it was huge.

I am writing this to thank all of you who prayed for Asher and his family.. To me that is more meaningful and treasured then all the money earned last night. Oh, by the way. I was wrong about Asher's age. Asher is only 3 years old. Your prayers along with our daily prayers are being heard by our awesome God and my wife and I are expecting to learn of a miracle for Asher because of all your prayers. I can not thank all of you enough for this little guy and his wonderful family. Please continue to pray for them.

Dick

heppnerguy

Good job!