First attempt at a vinyl clock

Rob

I like that Rob they are tricky as they cut real quick you gotta change your whole cutting theory in your head and try and get it to relay to your hands real quick or one slip and it is done I like the way you have done yours though may have to use that myself lol I know someone with a labrador who would love that ,I know what you mean about rigidity as well but glad you have done one now you are hooked and can take over posting them from me and give our fellow villagers a break from seeing mine all the time lol.

I like that Rob they are tricky as they cut real quick you gotta change your whole cutting theory in your head and try and get it to relay to your hands real quick or one slip and it is done I like the way you have done yours though may have to use that myself lol I know someone with a labrador who would love that ,I know what you mean about rigidity as well but glad you have done one now you are hooked and can take over posting them from me and give our fellow villagers a break from seeing mine all the time lol.

Stupid question i'm sure but have you ever thought about stack cutting it between two pieces of 1/4 inch stock so that the blade won't ut as fast and not to mention have a wood art piece as well???

Stupid question i'm sure but have you ever thought about stack cutting it between two pieces of 1/4 inch stock so that the blade won't ut as fast and not to mention have a wood art piece as well???

No not yet but now you have mentioned it i will probably give it a go see what it is like I have stack cut 3 vinyls that slowed it a bit but you gotta go at a fair pace or it melts the vinyl behind you and you gotta cut it again lol 

No not yet but now you have mentioned it i will probably give it a go see what it is like I have stack cut 3 vinyls that slowed it a bit but you gotta go at a fair pace or it melts the vinyl behind you and you gotta cut it again lol 

Ahh Ok well thanks for the info I have not found any really scratched up ones yet to try this..... 

Finally got around to trying to cut an old LP.  I just stuck a pattern on and started to cut but probably should have used a sacrificial piece to lend it some rigidity.  It cut very fast and was difficult to control.  Still fun but a long way from Frank's work. 

Rob

It's a whole nother ball game cutting records,You did real good!