Unpainted Kids Dinosaur Puzzle Idea

Someone commented on one of my posts recently with an idea of offering paint kits to go along with the unpainted dinosaurs I sell.  I've searched and looked and can't find who suggested it, I want to be sure to give credit where credit is due.  Speak up if it was you as it was a very good idea the more I thought about it.

So, I peeked around on Amazon and found these little sets...  http://a.co/3W9PuXd

If I buy them in bulk, along with brushes in bulk, my cost would be less than $3.00 for a "kit" that I would offer for $5.00

I currently sell the painted dino's for $15 and unpainted for $10.  If someone buys an unpainted one and a kit, they're still spending $15, but they have a paint kit they can use for other things.

Whatcha think?  I've ordered a couple that I'm going to give to my grand-daughter along with an unpainted dino and have her paint it and see how it goes.  

Iggy

DPP_3864.JPG

Edited by Iguanadon

Yes, I think it's a great idea. I did something similar with holiday decorations and most folks preferred the unfinished ones. The puzzles help develop motor skills and the paint inspires their imagination. 

9 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Very creative! Good idea. Let us know how it tests out on the wood puzzles.

How will you respond when folks ask if the paint is safe, as you will get the question. Is it made in China (big negative for some)?

bb

It's Crayola paint.  That should keep parents happy.  ;-)

I'll report back after the grand-Iglet test and I'll take 5 sets with me to my event next Saturday and can report if any sold.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:23 PM, Iguanadon said:

Someone commented on one of my posts recently with an idea of offering paint kits to go along with the unpainted dinosaurs I sell.  I've searched and looked and can't find who suggested it, I want to be sure to give credit where credit is due.  Speak up if it was you as it was a very good idea the more I thought about it.

So, I peeked around on Amazon and found these little sets...  http://a.co/3W9PuXd

If I buy them in bulk, along with brushes in bulk, my cost would be less than $3.00 for a "kit" that I would offer for $5.00

I currently sell the painted dino's for $15 and unpainted for $10.  If someone buys an unpainted one and a kit, they're still spending $15, but they have a paint kit they can use for other things.

Whatcha think?  I've ordered a couple that I'm going to give to my grand-daughter along with an unpainted dino and have her paint it and see how it goes.  

Iggy

DPP_3864.JPG

Go for it ,Change is always nice!

A successful test.  I gave one of the little paint kits to my daughter and asked her to try it out with our 4 year old grand-daughter.  Wren had a blast and the colors turned out better than I thought they would.  I just ordered additional kits and brushes to offer for sale at future events.  

I'm paying my daughter right now to paint the kids dinos for me as she is saving up for a trip with a friend.  After the trip I'm going to stop selling them painted and simply sell them unpainted with the little paint sets.  I have my daughter painting one of the Triceratops using each of the 6 main colors in the paint set, one color for each puzzle piece which I'll put on display to show how well they work.

IMG_20170510_150002.jpg