Hello all

Jiroma

Hi, my name is Jim and I've just got myself a small scroll saw. With a little piece of 1/4 inch pine I made a jigsaw type cut and I couldn't believe how fine and neat the cut was. I'm sure it must have been the same for all of you guys when you first put wood to blade and I look forward to trying out some of the ideas on this site.

Jiroma

Hi Jim and welcome to the Village, I know what you mean that first cut all nice and neat then the second cut with a few more bends and curls and then it grabbs you and you can't stop and you end up with a pile of nice shapes on the bench, its great when you first get a saw, grab a few patterns we have plenty and get busy, hope to see some of your work soon..........Paul :)

Hi Jim. Welcome to the Village and welcome to the addiction....errr....hobby. You'll be amazed what a simple tool can do. There's so many cool things you can do. Lots of friendly folks here willing to help out if you get stuck. But the best way to get started is simply grab a pattern from the Pattern Library and go to town. I look forward to seeing some of your first projects. :cool:

• 2 years later...