Hegner - Convince Me To or Talk Me Out Of...

Iguanadon

Just now, Scrappile said:

What make you say this, I mean in like why do you think they are crap? I have used them for several years with no problems...

They work and I've used them for some time but it takes, If I remember correctly, the left thumb and forefinger to hold the blade in place while you tighten the knob. I find it easier to just put the blade in a little hole and tighten the knob. It does not take the two finger approach. I had posted a photo but I think you said you didn't know what it was. I can post again if you wish.

1 minute ago, Rockytime said:

They work and I've used them for some time but it takes, If I remember correctly, the left thumb and forefinger to hold the blade in place while you tighten the knob. I find it easier to just put the blade in a little hole and tighten the knob. It does not take the two finger approach. I had posted a photo but I think you said you didn't know what it was. I can post again if you wish.

Got it, thank,, I think I remember you post now.... I have no problem with the stock ones.

I think this has run it's course or should go to a new posting. You are measuring 6.7cm and mine is 6.533cm. Arm up is 8.291cm. It is difficult to measure precisely. Those few thousandths will make no appreciable difference one way or the other. I'd rather just sit back and scroll. While trying to measure my eyeballs may not see correctly.

2-20210321_192123.jpg

The Bearings I speak of are the bearings/bushings in the pivots of the arms.  They are very similar to plain bearings or con-rod bearings in a car.  That moly 60 paste is thicker than peanut butter; I cleaned them up as best I could and put just enough on them to see that the color changed - kinda streaky black.  I haven't had to service them since, but I don't use my saw nearly as much as you guys do.  

I can tell you that this stuff is literally the only stuff to lube the final drive of a shaft drive motorcycle with.  Any other grease lets that wear out; that final drive hub and parts are HUGE $$$.  Its prob overkill for our application, but I feel its the best option for the bearings.  I would pack a ball or roller bearing with the stuff if I felt that it was an application that warranted it.  

15 minutes ago, rash_powder said:

The Bearings I speak of are the bearings/bushings in the pivots of the arms.  They are very similar to plain bearings or con-rod bearings in a car.  That moly 60 paste is thicker than peanut butter; I cleaned them up as best I could and put just enough on them to see that the color changed - kinda streaky black.  I haven't had to service them since, but I don't use my saw nearly as much as you guys do.  

I can tell you that this stuff is literally the only stuff to lube the final drive of a shaft drive motorcycle with.  Any other grease lets that wear out; that final drive hub and parts are HUGE $$$.  Its prob overkill for our application, but I feel its the best option for the bearings.  I would pack a ball or roller bearing with the stuff if I felt that it was an application that warranted it.  

I think it's overkill and actually may not be the right thing to do. The factory calls for just a few drop of oil occasionally. Depending on usage. 

39 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

Penso che questo sia finito o dovrebbe andare a un nuovo intervento. Stai misurando 6,7 cm e il mio è 6,533 cm. Il braccio in alto è di 8,291 cm. È difficile misurare con precisione. Quei pochi millesimi non faranno alcuna differenza apprezzabile in un modo o nell'altro. Preferisco semplicemente sedermi e scorrere. Durante il tentativo di misurare i miei bulbi oculari potrebbe non vedere correttamente.

2-20210321_192123.jpg

Thank you

On 22/3/2021 at 02:51, Rockytime said:

Penso che questo sia finito o dovrebbe andare a un nuovo intervento. Stai misurando 6,7 cm e il mio è 6,533 cm. Il braccio in alto è di 8,291 cm. È difficile misurare con precisione. Quei pochi millesimi non faranno alcuna differenza apprezzabile in un modo o nell'altro. Preferisco semplicemente sedermi e scorrere. Durante il tentativo di misurare i miei bulbi oculari potrebbe non vedere correttamente.

2-20210321_192123.jpg

Just now I see your photo, I in your photo read 64mm (6,4Cm). Not 6,533. Thanks