reviews on Coyoto Stencil shop 3

rljohn56

does anyone in the community use this software and if so how do you rate it?  also are there other similar ones out there that might be better.  I do a lot of portraits and use Photoshop Elements 15 which i like, but this products claims to make the process easier & faster.  Just curious.  thanks, Ray

I use some slightly more expensive software for my cnc router (Vectric V-Carve) it does image tracing to vector and a lot more. But I often find myself just pulling up inkscape (free) and it takes about 20 seconds to load an image, hit Path -Trace Bitmap - OK, delete original image and save the trace.

They used to offer a free trial download WAY back in the day.. I tried it and at the time I liked it.. BUT.. that was when I was first starting to do my own patterns etc.. tools for it was quite limited back then.. Then I bought Corel draw.. mainly because way back when there was several designers getting out of woodworking and designing work and was hitting the road in a RV.. some gave me a lot of templates patterns where all I needed was to fill in the names for personalized type items.. they was done and saved in corel draw and wouldn't open in any other program... I never bought any updates for corel and now the old program won't run on windows 10.. I now use inkscape.. and actually find that it is easier to use than the others are.. but you mentioned portrait work.. and gimp is my go to for that.. I learned to do that from the videos posted on here by Travis.... not super great at it as I don't do patterns much so when i do I have to watch the videos again to refresh my mind.. LOL While I like custom work.. I really don't care for the designing parts.. rather pay someone to design for me so i can stay out in the shop doing what I really love... making sawdust.. LOL