What Kind of Wood is This?

stevan

I "scored" some drawers from the local HFH Restore store this weekend and got a few good looking pieces.  I figured for $4 they were a pretty good deal.  However, I was thinking I was getting stained oak but when I demolished the boards, I find this (not the ply with two holes in it) and I don't know what it is.  I'm hoping someone knows and can lend a clue.

The 4 drawers did yield one very nice piece of oak about 20" x 4" x 1/2", 3 pieces of some sort of plywood with thick ply's, several pieces of the above mentioned unknown wood and the drawer bottoms ended up being something similar to luon with a very, very thin veneer on top and bottom of what appears to be an 1/8" thick material that looks like MDF.

Thanks for reading.

Drawe Wood 2.jpg

Drawer Wood 1.jpg

8 hours ago, stevan said:

I "scored" some drawers from the local HFH Restore store this weekend and got a few good looking pieces.  I figured for $4 they were a pretty good deal.  However, I was thinking I was getting stained oak but when I demolished the boards, I find this (not the ply with two holes in it) and I don't know what it is.  I'm hoping someone knows and can lend a clue.

The 4 drawers did yield one very nice piece of oak about 20" x 4" x 1/2", 3 pieces of some sort of plywood with thick ply's, several pieces of the above mentioned unknown wood and the drawer bottoms ended up being something similar to luon with a very, very thin veneer on top and bottom of what appears to be an 1/8" thick material that looks like MDF.

Thanks for reading.

Drawe Wood 2.jpg

Drawer Wood 1.jpg

wish i knew woods so i could help.