Classical Spanish Guitar construction

crupiea

Truly a master craftsman for hand made guitars! This is not an afternoon or week end project for sure! Noticed that a scrollsaw was only used once but at least it was part of the assembly! The use of Tru Oil for the hand rubbed finish look does work!  When I was in to target and metallic animal shooting in the late 70s and early 80s, I would finish gun stocks with it that were already cut to fit the gun barrel and trigger mech. but have never thought about using it for the scroll projects. Will have to get some and try it on boxes.

Thanks for posting this video, loved it!

Erv

Thanks for sharing the video.  Yes a real craftsman and great music to go with it.  I purchased a real nice book on making them years ago.  I still dream about trying one, but not sure I have the patience anymore.  Anyone that uses scrappers, draw knifes. planes and other hand tools, knows the great feeling they give.   I got into the Cigar Box Guitar making craze for a while, and got a slight feel for it, and really enjoyed the building.  Not a Craftsman like in the video but did get to do some of the steps and use the hand tool on the neck and such. 

Thanks for the video. This is not his first guitar rodeo. It was a pleasure to watch such a craftsman work. I think I can make one with out any trouble but since I do not play a guitar it is a mute point. Actually I could not finish it in my life time. and I can' t afford to upgrade my tools and make the jigs needed so it I get one I will buy one of his. 

5 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

I can't view it, all I get is a notice that You-tube closed the connection.

Len

The link is still good for me. Try putting your cursor in the middle the screen but not on the "play " arrow. Right click and do a copy and paste of the URL. Then open a new tab and insert the URL there and try it that way. Another way is to go to youtube and do a search of the title and see if you can find it there. Just suggestions. There may be something wrong with one of your settings on your end.

Try this link.      

Ray

the li

Edited by octoolguy

Len, there must a setting on your computer that is keeping you from viewing it. Have you checked your firewall/virus settings? Something is blocking you. Keep trying. You'll figure it out. Are you able to view any youtube videos? Is it just this one that is giving you trouble. There are a lot of sites that can offer you help but if it's only this one, then there has to be a firewall problem.

Ray

Edited by octoolguy