Guess This is a High

Scrappile

I just received another request for a "2nd Amendment" plaque for $125.  This will be the third one I have sold, fourth one I have made.  I also received a request to make one and donate it to an upcoming "Friends of the NRA" banquet for their auction.  That could bring in more sales.  It's a high for the money, but a low because I really didn't want to make anymore of them.

3 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I just received another request for a "2nd Amendment" plaque for $125.  This will be the third one I have sold, fourth one I have made.  I also received a request to make one and donate it to an upcoming "Friends of the NRA" banquet for their auction.  That could bring in more sales.  It's a high for the money, but a low because I really didn't want to make anymore of them.

Where can I see one Paul? Never mind. I just found it. Very nice job. I can see why you don't want to do too many. Lot's of cuts.

Ray

Edited by octoolguy

Sounds like a nice order to do.. I do know the feeling of not really wanting to cut something again.. so I feel for you on that aspect..  I have a couple companies I do ornaments for every year.. last year they wanted 300 ornaments that had a piece of heavy equipment on it with the companies name.. The first 100 or so wasn't too bad... but man... I tell you.. I was sure glad to cut that last stack of them.. felt like I was never going to get them done.. Nice fat wallet on that job though...

Paul, I've learned a long time ago, that if it's something I don't really want to cut, it's work and no longer a hobby. That is why I quit selling things, to many people were requesting things I didn't enjoy cutting. It got to the point that it was more like a job then an enjoyable hobby, and I didn't want to ruin the enjoyment I got out of the hobby part of scrolling. I had people coming to the house and phoning me at all hours of the day, they thought I had most items cut in advance. People were bold enough to show up at 11:00 p.m.  I was getting tired of that, and with the impatience of others. It had taken me far to long to find a woodworking hobby that I enjoyed doing, and scrolling was it. I'm disabled and I'm in constant pain, no matter what I do causes me much more pain. Any type of movement hurts, and scrolling distracts my mind from the pain. It is/was my saving grace, and it has helped me control my feelings of being so useless. That is why I gave up on selling things, but, I was in the position where I could give up on the extra money. There is some people who need every cent they can get from selling their wares, and I am happy that they can raise some extra funds from scrolling.

Len

I'll get through it.  Gotta pay off my Fein dust extractor!  I really don't mind the cutting but the way I like to mount this one it takes a lot of steps to do.  Lot of finish work.  It is 5 separate pieces with 5 separate backers and them they all have to fit together..Just a pain.

Thanks for the nice comments encouragement.  I have got to get busy.

Edited by Scrappile

17 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

Paul, I've learned a long time ago, that if it's something I don't really want to cut, it's work and no longer a hobby. That is why I quit selling things, to many people were requesting things I didn't enjoy cutting. It got to the point that it was more like a job then an enjoyable hobby, and I didn't want to ruin the enjoyment I got out of the hobby part of scrolling. I had people coming to the house and phoning me at all hours of the day, they thought I had most items cut in advance. People were bold enough to show up at 11:00 p.m.  I was getting tired of that, and with the impatience of others. It had taken me far to long to find a woodworking hobby that I enjoyed doing, and scrolling was it. I'm disabled and I'm in constant pain, no matter what I do causes me much more pain. Any type of movement hurts, and scrolling distracts my mind from the pain. It is/was my saving grace, and it has helped me control my feelings of being so useless. That is why I gave up on selling things, but, I was in the position where I could give up on the extra money. There is some people who need every cent they can get from selling their wares, and I am happy that they can raise some extra funds from scrolling.

Len

Len, I agree with you 100%.