my first name cut

don watson

Thanks for the kind words. I know there are a lot of mistakes but I am learning.

This was done as a break for a project I am doing at the moment. When I look at it, I think I may have been supposed to cut out the name and leave the rest of the wood in place (like a reverse of what I cut) lol.

take care

Don W

lol Dan, when I first looked art it I wondered why you cut it this way, I cut mine the opposite of what you did Yours looks nice though. I don't think it really matters which way you cut it out, as long as your happy with it that's all that matters. I don't remember right of hand if you sell any of your work, if you do, you should take this piece with you just for show. If you do, you'll be amazed at how many question on how you made it. People who aren't scrollers, just can't seem to get their heads around how these are made. Over the years, I've sold about twenty of them, I charge $7.00 for the piece of wood, and then I charge  $5.00 per letter. So the one you have pictured here would cost $52.00, that may seem to be a bit high in price. But, these things aren't all that easy to make. They're tedious and friggy, and if the blade doesn't stay straight while cutting you will have to start all over again.

Len

14 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

lol Dan, when I first looked art it I wondered why you cut it this way, I cut mine the opposite of what you did Yours looks nice though. I don't think it really matters which way you cut it out, as long as your happy with it that's all that matters. I don't remember right of hand if you sell any of your work, if you do, you should take this piece with you just for show. If you do, you'll be amazed at how many question on how you made it. People who aren't scrollers, just can't seem to get their heads around how these are made. Over the years, I've sold about twenty of them, I charge $7.00 for the piece of wood, and then I charge  $5.00 per letter. So the one you have pictured here would cost $52.00, that may seem to be a bit high in price. But, these things aren't all that easy to make. They're tedious and friggy, and if the blade doesn't stay straight while cutting you will have to start all over again.

Len

Len,

I agree with everything you say there. There are some minor niggles but I may be too fussy.

It's ok for a first but I have learned not to use Pine.

Don W

PS Thanks everyone for your comments it all helps to make us better