Excalibur is Back!!!!!

hotshot

Got an alert from Home Depot saying the Excalibur is back in stock.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Excalibur-120-Volt-21-in-Tilting-Head-Scroll-Saw-with-Stand-and-Foot-Switch-EX-21K/205414436

Rockler is offering them now also:  http://www.rockler.com/excalibur-21-scroll-saw-with-foot-switch?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=CjwKCAiAu4nRBRBKEiwANms5W8HuOJko0WhzP9NNN5tkIsbKDWccA1nsFRjmXXMEwEXgxsoidXoQjRoCLSoQAvD_BwE

And Sears:

http://www.sears.com/general-international-21inch-tilting-head-scroll-saw-with/p-A011574695?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=CjwKCAiAu4nRBRBKEiwANms5W-mQjbmgDtWzUerbJ4pihQc0OcU4vFVynsBL483Fh-zTF2QL8wViGBoC054QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN6k-cH_7NcCFU0cgQod4YUG6g

With King available, and without Seyco carrying this saw, I have mixed emotions, but still, good to see the black Ex being sold again.  

I would love to know the back story.  If General was having issues with their manufacturer (who is apparently making these for everyone now), did General have to get another manufacturer geared up to to begin making these.  If so, not sure I would trust the first ones off the line.

Edited by hotshot

When I got mine a month ago the guy said his dad works for Home Depot and they would be selling them again very soon.. before the new year.. I brushed it off as one of those " yeah right " moments .. but at the same time.. some of the things he said made scene and sounded true.. I'm also friends with the owners of a local woodcraft type store.. they've been saying all along that they will be bringing them back.. but wasn't sure when.. 

Anyway, glad to see them back again... looks like only the 21" is offered.. so far anyway.. which makes me wonder something.. Possible why the 21" King is not offered? Always thought it was kind of odd to have the 16 and 30.. while I thought the 21 was probably the more popular one..

9 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

When I got mine a month ago the guy said his dad works for Home Depot and they would be selling them again very soon.. .....

Yep, you had mentioned that a few weeks back so when I got the Alert from Home Depot, I immediately thought, "I guess Kevins source was legit"

26 minutes ago, bandaideman said:

may have some pricing considerations with increased competition. If your a veteran home depot gives 10 % off on purchases. then with a stand too. Rockler has the 1 yr and 2 year warranty which seems a little pricey to me. 

Yes, I buy all my big stuff from HD. I appreciate the veteran's discount and if you time it right, you can get 12-24 months same as cash. No interest.

I question whether they'll actually have them in the stores.. Many places now offer an item that is "online only" ... Can you go into the store and order it to get your discount? For those online purchases.. they should have a special coupon type code to put in for the veterans discount.. Not sure how that would work.. 

Ray yes I know that in store have used it many times, but this is only available on line, so how does that work, with lowes I use “ mylowes card “ just a card to keep track of your purchases and if you loss your receipt returns are on your mylowes card, with that it has record That you are a veteran , and can order on line with the Veterans discounts, RJ 

8 hours ago, rjweb said:

Ray yes I know that in store have used it many times, but this is only available on line, so how does that work, with lowes I use “ mylowes card “ just a card to keep track of your purchases and if you loss your receipt returns are on your mylowes card, with that it has record That you are a veteran , and can order on line with the Veterans discounts, RJ 

I'm pretty sure what he means. Is even  if it's online only item. You still go in the store and have them order it for you off their computer. A little bit of inconvenience. Defeats the whole purpose to sit home and shop. But 10 percent on a high price item seems worth it. Kudos to home depot for supporting our vets.