Owls???

jbrowning

So I had my last craft show this past weekend. I had at least a dozen people this weekend ask me about owls. What's making the owls so popular this year? And if you know the answer to that question, enlighten us on what's going to be popular next year. :razz:

Edited by jbrowning

7 hours ago, jbrowning said:

So I had my last craft show this past weekend. I had at least a dozen people this weekend ask me about owls. What's making the owls so popular this year? And if you know the answer to that question, enlighten us on what's going to be popular next year. :razz:

Jim,

Only the Shadow know!

This year I sold out of my  owl puzzles - one version priced at $28 and the other one at $36.

In 2016 owls were not "IN" so I didn't make many to sell in 2017!  Seems like they only flew off the shelf later in 2017.

What will be "IN" in 2018? Again, only the shadow know!

One year it was pigs, then cows, then roosters.

How do you get a handle on this?

bb

Edited by orangeman

Owls were a big thing several years ago.. the trend started coming back a couple years ago.. and yes penguins are somewhat on a rise too.. however I don't think it will get as big as the owls did.. Up and coming will be Otters... otters started coming out of the woodwork ( no pun intended LOL ) a year or so ago.. what is it about otters.. Something along the lines of.. loyalty.. yeah.. someone somewhere finally read the sign at the zoo.. Otters find a mate and they stay loyal to one another their entire life... It's a up and coming trend and the younger girls are buying up key chains and anything they can find that has anything to do with otters.. I started seeing a small trend on the stores.. of little things that have otters on them.. 

With that said.. I want to get a Christmas ornament pattern of a otter couple.. would be a big hit.. I intended to make one up.. just haven't had the time..

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Owls were a big thing several years ago.. the trend started coming back a couple years ago.. and yes penguins are somewhat on a rise too.. however I don't think it will get as big as the owls did.. Up and coming will be Otters... otters started coming out of the woodwork ( no pun intended LOL ) a year or so ago.. what is it about otters.. Something along the lines of.. loyalty.. yeah.. someone somewhere finally read the sign at the zoo.. Otters find a mate and they stay loyal to one another their entire life... It's a up and coming trend and the younger girls are buying up key chains and anything they can find that has anything to do with otters.. I started seeing a small trend on the stores.. of little things that have otters on them.. 

With that said.. I want to get a Christmas ornament pattern of a otter couple.. would be a big hit.. I intended to make one up.. just haven't had the time..

My granddaughter drew a river otter for me a couple years ago. I could always make it into a puzzle. What a great story line re their lifetime partnership! Maybe two otters face to face with a heart in the middle. How romantic!

bb

16 hours ago, jbrowning said:

Women like owls for some reason,that's interesting about otters!

i've sold a lot of crosses. Nativity, Cowboy, Farmer crosses out of everything from walnut to beetle kill pine. What's the deal with crosses? I've even got one I'm designing cut it walnut, inlaid w/beetle kill pine. With a bear, bull rider, deer, moose, & Elk in it.Don't that sound like a job?:shock:I'm anxious to get it done to see how it looks!:cool:

Last year, I couldn't make ornaments & napkin holders fast enough. I did have an order for owls, but they backed out:|

Edited by SCROLLSAW703

I've always had good luck at selling owls, next to wolves they were my next best seller in birds and animal cuttings. I had two customers who expected to see a new owl or wolf cutting to sell each week. It was comical at times, each lady trying to buy something the other didn't get.Next to owls and wolves, eagles were next best in sales.

Len

On 04/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, jbrowning said:

Owl be darned what a great thread sorry Jim but just had too :) :0