Peacock Lamp

munzieb

2 hours ago, munzieb said:

I've been working on this for a few weeks. I found the Pattern on Pinterest. The original was a little small so I took it to the UPS store to enlarge. Only problem was the pattern got rasterized. I rather follow a line than an edge and I had to guess the line with the rasterized edge. I did not stack cut because I tend to push too hard and distort the bottom pattern.  The pattern is 1/8" BBPW. I cut the oak posts to 3/4" and dato'ed a 1/4" grove on 2 sides with the table saw to accept the pattern and the 1/8" amber Plexiglas. Initially left the protective backing on one side of the Plexiglas but it was too dark. I used parchment paper and glued edges with contact cement to the Plexiglas. I used 1/4" dowels to mount the posts on top and bottom and glued the bottom in place after mounting panels. Top is removable. I had to put a slight taper on the edges of the wooden panels since the grooves were a tight fit. I used a 40 W LED bulb and made sure it was one of the ones that shone both up and down. Some have a high collar that only shine sideways and up. Finish was 2 coats of shellac and 2 coats of lacquer. Used a roller on/off switch. There were many steps to make this project but it has a perfect spot in our hall foyer.

In the next few months I'll be holding off on projects. I am having a 24 x 30 detached garage built in the back yard. It will have a small 1/2 bath, HAVC and a 14 x 30 loft. Stubbing water waste and HAVC for future expansion upstairs. Wife wants me out of the garage. Too much dust. The plan I've included will only have one garage door and the lav. on the opposite side. Entrance door will move to front. Still getting price for 2 dormers. Hope to have it done by May but it will depend on HOA AC approval.

20171209_135449.jpg

20171209_154735.jpg

20171210_170614.jpg

20171208_122700.jpg

20171209_154744.jpg

856-1.jpg

20171210_174404.jpg

Astonishing project more then well done,Incredible job you"ve done here!

2 hours ago, munzieb said:

I've been working on this for a few weeks. I found the Pattern on Pinterest. The original was a little small so I took it to the UPS store to enlarge. Only problem was the pattern got rasterized. I rather follow a line than an edge and I had to guess the line with the rasterized edge. I did not stack cut because I tend to push too hard and distort the bottom pattern.  The pattern is 1/8" BBPW. I cut the oak posts to 3/4" and dato'ed a 1/4" grove on 2 sides with the table saw to accept the pattern and the 1/8" amber Plexiglas. Initially left the protective backing on one side of the Plexiglas but it was too dark. I used parchment paper and glued edges with contact cement to the Plexiglas. I used 1/4" dowels to mount the posts on top and bottom and glued the bottom in place after mounting panels. Top is removable. I had to put a slight taper on the edges of the wooden panels since the grooves were a tight fit. I used a 40 W LED bulb and made sure it was one of the ones that shone both up and down. Some have a high collar that only shine sideways and up. Finish was 2 coats of shellac and 2 coats of lacquer. Used a roller on/off switch. There were many steps to make this project but it has a perfect spot in our hall foyer.

In the next few months I'll be holding off on projects. I am having a 24 x 30 detached garage built in the back yard. It will have a small 1/2 bath, HAVC and a 14 x 30 loft. Stubbing water waste and HAVC for future expansion upstairs. Wife wants me out of the garage. Too much dust. The plan I've included will only have one garage door and the lav. on the opposite side. Entrance door will move to front. Still getting price for 2 dormers. Hope to have it done by May but it will depend on HOA AC approval.

20171209_135449.jpg

20171209_154735.jpg

20171210_170614.jpg

20171208_122700.jpg

20171209_154744.jpg

856-1.jpg

20171210_174404.jpg

And what a light !!!!!!