James Dean Funeral

trackman

I asked for a pattern to be made of the church were James Dean's funeral was held.  It is Fairmount Friends Church in Fairmount, Indiana.  My wife helped to restore the stained glass windows (180 of them) working with a company out of Jacksonville IL. Russell (Birchbark) was able to come up with a pattern for me.  He said the pictures of the church wasn't very good to make a pattern off of but I think he did a great job!  In the picture the round windows look egg shaped but they are 6' D circles.  The picture makes them look odd LOL.  By far not my best cutting.  There isn't a lot of detail but were there is it was hold your breath time.  I used a FD #3 UR an FD New Spirals #3.  Cut the lines first then cut with the spiral.  I am not good enough to cut straight with spirals.  Thanks Russell for the help!!

5DC91F4E-E7AF-42D1-810C-FC4A3ED0DE20.jpeg

1F58CDB6-F457-4107-9A26-40DA0506848C.jpeg

Edited by trackman

6 hours ago, trackman said:

I asked for a pattern to be made of the church were James Dean's funeral was held.  It is Fairmount Friends Church in Fairmount, Indiana.  My wife helped to restore the stained glass windows (180 of them) working with a company out of Jacksonville IL. Russell (Birchbark) was able to come up with a pattern for me.  He said the pictures of the church wasn't very good to make a pattern off of but I think he did a great job!  In the picture the round windows look egg shaped but they are 6' D circles.  The picture makes them look odd LOL.  By far not my best cutting.  There isn't a lot of detail but were there is it was hold your breath time.  I used a FD #3 UR an FD New Spirals #3.  Cut the lines first then cut with the spiral.  I am not good enough to cut straight with spirals.  Thanks Russell for the help!!

5DC91F4E-E7AF-42D1-810C-FC4A3ED0DE20.jpeg

1F58CDB6-F457-4107-9A26-40DA0506848C.jpeg

They chose the right man for the job!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Birchbark said:

Well done!  Very nice.  I think it turned out great.  There were some tough spots in it for sure, you handled it, no problem.  You took out the flower pot  :)  It looks great.

Thank you for taking the time to post a picture for us, much appreciated.

Russell

I also took out the small tree and added the windows. The picture you worked off was from several years ago. So I changed small things like they are now.  This will be put into a auction the church is having for a fundraiser.