Deer from ssv library

Brianr24

Pattern is In library from bigdogskitten11 lol.

I don't like painting background board black on these type of projects. Iv been putting walnut veneer on luan and oiling it. I'm not sure it's worth the effort tho when u don't see much of it. I'm experimenting with a technique to try veneer front of basswood boards. I'm thinking of using the dato blade to take just the thickness of veneer off up to the bark area. Will be tricky and again not sure if worth effort.well sorry about the long post.

20180106_162614.jpg

20180106_163430.jpg

Brian nice work first of all.  Here is another idea.  This idea is an off shoot of your router usage.  Route out the area(s) that you want to have some color in and flock that area.. especially the deer body.  This should give it depth and texture as well as color.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

6 hours ago, Brianr24 said:

Pattern is In library from bigdogskitten11 lol.

I don't like painting background board black on these type of projects. Iv been putting walnut veneer on luan and oiling it. I'm not sure it's worth the effort tho when u don't see much of it. I'm experimenting with a technique to try veneer front of basswood boards. I'm thinking of using the dato blade to take just the thickness of veneer off up to the bark area. Will be tricky and again not sure if worth effort.well sorry about the long post.

20180106_162614.jpg

20180106_163430.jpg

What ever you chose will more than sufficient!Nice cutting skills!!!!!!!!!