The Lord's Prayer

spirithorse

Wow, some serious scrolling there Bob.  I didn't know about the difference between the catholic and protestant versions.  Very interesting.  I hope you stack cut these?  One day I'll try something as detailed as this but given my recent breakage, I'll wait a while.

Hats off to you sir, :)

Rob

9 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Greetings,
Two done and I plan on making two more. The pattern is from BerryBasket but,

I modified it from the Catholic version with our debts to the Protestant version with our
trespasses. I also had to modify the sides due to the added lines of text required.

Approximately 35 hours total but, that includes gluing up patterns for the framework of the next two. I already have all the wording cut.
All 1/4" Baltic Birch cut with an 18" Craftsman scrollsaw. Embellishments stained Colonial Maple and the backer stained Early American.

Approximately 22"W x 28"L.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Lord's-Prayer-Photo.gif

Great Job!

23 hours ago, Rob said:

Wow, some serious scrolling there Bob.  I didn't know about the difference between the catholic and protestant versions.  Very interesting.  I hope you stack cut these?  One day I'll try something as detailed as this but given my recent breakage, I'll wait a while.

Hats off to you sir, :)

Rob

Hi, Rob,
Yes, I did stack cut quite a bit. It really helped cut down on the number of holes to cut but, made for a lot slower cutting since I was cutting 4 pieces of 1/4" Baltic Birch taped together to cut the sides. Then you had to hope for no tear out on the back because two of the pieces were supposed to be flipped to make a mirror image of each side and if you made any mistakes all four pieces were either all ruined or had the same mistake.
Thanks for the compliment and God Bless! Spirithorse

On 2/17/2018 at 11:45 PM, spirithorse said:

Greetings,
Two done and I plan on making two more. The pattern is from BerryBasket but,

I modified it from the Catholic version with our debts to the Protestant version with our
trespasses. I also had to modify the sides due to the added lines of text required.

Approximately 35 hours total but, that includes gluing up patterns for the framework of the next two. I already have all the wording cut.
All 1/4" Baltic Birch cut with an 18" Craftsman scrollsaw. Embellishments stained Colonial Maple and the backer stained Early American.

Approximately 22"W x 28"L.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Lord's-Prayer-Photo.gif

Pretty as a peacock, I heard it said that one of the presidents changed the wording from debts to trespasses or vica vera .It is written that no one can change the words of God without consequences