New Member from Seattle area

Blueeyes

Hi,  I'm Randy

I have been scrolling off and on for 15 years.  My first saw was bought at an Ace Hardware store by my wife as a present for me.

My dad started scrolling when I was in college and that inspired me to build some of the same projects he did and then explore from there.

I upgraded to a used Dewalt 788 about 3 years ago and that upgrade made a big difference in the joy and quality of the projects I have completed.  I gave the Ace saw to the pastor at my church.  I hope he forgives me!  Trying to get him interested in scrolling religious plaques and portraits.  I attached some tree ornaments that were from a project last year.

I am interested in finding out if there are other scrollers in my neighborhood?  Special Interest Groups?

IMG_2260.JPG

Hi Randy, welcome to the Village.  I'm Marg from Australia.  Where are you from?  Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Marg

:lol:  I should learn to read....I just noticed the posts heading.    Marg

Edited by wombatie

Welcome to our group.  I live on the other side of the state, the dry part near the Tri-Cities.  I think you will find that there are not a big population of scroller in the NW.  Strange thing is Travis, who owns and is Mayor of the Village live in Vancouver, Wa.  I guess SSV is the NW scroll saw club.

Another Tennessee welcome, this one is from East TN, the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains. We were out to Seattle a couple of years ago to take a cruise in and out from there. Beautiful area. Welcome to the Village. Hopefully your paster will be like you and do well enough with that Ace saw to enjoy and want a better saw. Perhaps you can give him some time on your Dewalt from time to time.

21 hours ago, Blueeyes said:

Hi,  I'm Randy

I have been scrolling off and on for 15 years.  My first saw was bought at an Ace Hardware store by my wife as a present for me.

My dad started scrolling when I was in college and that inspired me to build some of the same projects he did and then explore from there.

I upgraded to a used Dewalt 788 about 3 years ago and that upgrade made a big difference in the joy and quality of the projects I have completed.  I gave the Ace saw to the pastor at my church.  I hope he forgives me!  Trying to get him interested in scrolling religious plaques and portraits.  I attached some tree ornaments that were from a project last year.

I am interested in finding out if there are other scrollers in my neighborhood?  Special Interest Groups?

IMG_2260.JPG

that's good you started out in high detailed projects.No better way to see the in's an out's of scrolling than that.Keep coming back as every ones opinion is most welcome and adds flavor to the forums.Welcome again !!!!!!!!!! Great looking projects !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome..  when we were first married we moved to Tacoma and then back to Portland. We recently moved to Casa Grande, Arizona. We have a sno bird neighbor who lives up by Seattle. I remember going to Seattle in 1962 and saw the Space Needle being built for the upcoming world's fair. My wife was born in Port Townsend. Glad you found us and we all hope you take a little of your time and drop in often so we all can get better acquainted with you and you with us.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...