I am excited and nervous but I did it.  I have been wanting to do YouTube videos for quite some time now and I have finally done it.  I have 4 videos up teaching people how to do a project for the first time.  If you would like to check them out they are under my name Susan Loar and Beginner scroll sawing.  .  I know there are many things wrong with them.  Lighting, sound, things I should have added, but I had to start somewhere.  I'm hoping to do many more and get better and better at the presentation as I go along.  I just wanted to share them with all of you.  Thanks for having a place that I could share my news with all of you.

Susan that's excellent!

Below are a few observations and comments.  They are in no particular order, just as they occur to me.

- I found only three videos, not 4.

- The sound level is quite inconsistent.

- I like the fact that you showed how this hobby can be done using a really cheap saw

- I've lived and worked in the USA, in the United Kingdom, and in Canada, and in none of those places was 8 foot by 4 foot Baltic birch plywood common.  It almost always came in 5 foot by five foot sheets.

- Your first project is very good for a beginner.

- You are giving lots of good practical advice.  For instance using two hands and how to cut a straight line.

- You show the guard at the very start and mention that people will usually dispense with it once they gain experience.  When you start the actual cutting without the guard in the next video, I think it would be good to mention the guard again.

- Near the start of the second video, I noticed the text Peginner on the screen

Please let us know when there are more videos to review.

NEXT DAY ADDITION:

I found the fourth video and I notice that, already, the quality of both the picture and the sound is improving.  You have provided very good and practical advice on staining the work.

Edited by Frank Pellow
to add something about the fourth video

Congratulations Susan on taking on this task and beginning it.  I know you are so excited.  It's really fun to accomplish something like this and you should be proud of doing it.  I am sure it will be quite helpful information for people looking to get started.  It's also great to see a fellow woman sharing and teaching so other women can see that its just not men doing it.  Good luck with your project as you add more videos.  I look forward to seeing more.

Great advise and wonderful feedback.  Master Scroller thanks for the tips.  I agree with each one of them.  I recognized the P instead of a B but not sure how to correct it once the video has been posted.  I'm hoping the next ones will be better.  I plan on continuing and with your positive feedback it encourages me to do more. Thanks!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Scrolling along with Susan said:

Great advise and wonderful feedback.  Master Scroller thanks for the tips.  I agree with each one of them.  I recognized the P instead of a B but not sure how to correct it once the video has been posted.  I'm hoping the next ones will be better.  I plan on continuing and with your positive feedback it encourages me to do more. Thanks!!!!!!

Susan, I think that you are referring to me and I'm glad that my feedback was of use to you.

Cheers,   Frank Pellow