Site Issues & New Upgrade

Howdy All.  There was some wonkiness on the forums today.  There was some trouble with one of the databases.  I think I have it sorted out, now.  Sorry for the troubles.  :/

While we're on the subject, I'll be updating SSV software sometime this week (I'm hoping Monday, but we'll see).  So the site may be unavailable for a short time while the software updates.  It shouldn't take long.  It's a full version upgrade, so there's going to be some new features.  I'll announce them as they roll out.  My first priority is to make sure everything is working correctly.

Thanks all for your patience!  :thumbs:

Howdy All.  The site was down for a bit while I updated some databases.

But the first new feature....Emoji support!  Emojis are basically like Emoticons.  You find them a lot of phones and whatnot.  They're pretty universal.  So now, you have a lot more options built in to SSV!  Just click the Smile face above and you'll get a whole list of them.  Have fun!🖖

The trophies are still causing some trouble in a couple of areas.  I don't think it breaks the website like last time.  But if it does, you can email me at travis[at]scrollsawvillage.com.  I'm keeping the Trophies application running because I have a support ticket out and they'll need to see it in action.

Thanks for your patience!

2 hours ago, bobscroll said:

Hi Travis, I have a problem with the "Emojis" as it starts My computer racing away!!!...So I can't use them!

My computer is "XP" Thanking you,

Bob

I'm not sure what you mean.  Does it just spin and never load?  Or is it doing something else?  Which web browser are you using?

36 minutes ago, bobscroll said:

Hi again Travis, When I click on the "Emojis" it puts a great strain on My computer...Like it's overloaded!

Web browser is "Opera", With the old smiley's I didn't have a problem at all! Hope you can help Me out Travis,

Bob.

Huh.  Strange.  I can ask the software support team if they know of anything that could cause that issue.  It shouldn't do much of anything other than show up some tiny pictures.  Can you try it on Firefox or Chrome to see if it behaves differently?

Anybody else having trouble with Emojis?