Tower Done

heppnerguy

9 hours ago, edward said:

You Did a fantastic job on the tower, nice to see people have patience, good luck on your   next pattern which ever you choose.  Edward

Thank you,  I am not sure what my next pattern will be but I don't think I will get much time in my shop for a couple of months as we are going to leave at the end of the month to go back to Oregon to visit family and friends and get away from the 120 degree days, here in Southern Arizona.

Dick 

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

Thank you for the nice compliment, it is fun to try new challenges in scrolling but sometime it turns out to also be a little bit disappointing when things do not go as one hopes. I really like the Eiffel Tower and I have been to Paris and stood beneath it. One thing that surprised me was, I thought it would be a lot bigger at it's base. We did not go up into the Tower as we only had four days to be in Paris and there was so much I wanted to see.  My question to you is.... how long does it  take to walk from the second level to the ground when it is not raining.😯

Dick

heppnerguy

Paris did not like us and we were only there for 5 days.  Our final half day was a tour of the Eiffel Tower.  The guide was lovely and he was Canadian.  We got to the second level and we were having a a look at the great view when some security people started to put ropes across section and you were not allowed past them.  The guide found out that a package had been left lying around in other words a bomb scare.  We were not allowed to access the lifts and the people at the very top had to stay there.  We were asked to leave so we had to walk down the steps in the rain (which only started when we started to walk down the steps,) and it took us 20 minutes and when we reached the bottom my legs felt like jelly.  But to answer your question it is probably about 15 minutes. ;)

Marg

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, fordamir said:

Lew= do as my wife says = I am passing her advice on to you since I have the hang up of prefection.  I guess it is my German heritage-  Don't say a word  before and after you show your piece .  Just say I'm really glad you like it. She says they'll never see the mistakes because they admire the piece as a Whole.  works for me real well.                                                   PS The Tower is really a beautiful work.I love it and wish some day I could do that pattern 

my lips are sealed

Dick

heppnerguy 😁

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, jerry1939 said:

I can only echo the admiration posted here already.

Re;  Gluing together 45s.  I have learned to stick half the width of a 2" wide blue painters tape to the "outside" of each of the 4 sides.  (Right side or left of each).  Glue a bevel on a piece & stand that and the mate on a flat surface.  Fold the other half of the tape to hold the 2 pieces together.  IF there is room, after all sides are joined, place a narrower tape on the inside of each corner.  Here is an example;

2015-06-16 002.JPG

Now I get the info.. after it is all over... no, seriously... good tips... I hope to remember that in the future.. Your piece above is beautiful. I think I saw that pattern somewhere. I sure would like to give it a go too

Dick

heppnerguy

Isn't it funny how we are always our own worst critic - and in this piece it doesn't look to me like there is anything to even begin to criticize - lots of precision work where the tiniest mistake would show - and - as far as I could see - there is nothing showing but great work - (I looked hard .....).  A great looking piece really well done.

Jay