Tower Done

heppnerguy

WOW!  That is cool and  a wonderful job.  Ha, I would still be working on the bottom section!  Truth be told, I don't think I would attempt the project.   Cutting straight lines a 45 deg.  angle on a scroll saw would have to be very difficult, especially the length of the cuts you were dealing with.  Those cuts would even be difficult on a table saw because they are compound cuts,  

Well done, Dick.  I do not see where I could help you.  Congratulation on a wonderful piece of art!

42 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

WOW!  That is cool and  a wonderful job.  Ha, I would still be working on the bottom section!  Truth be told, I don't think I would attempt the project.   Cutting straight lines a 45 deg.  angle on a scroll saw would have to be very difficult, especially the length of the cuts you were dealing with.  Those cuts would even be difficult on a table saw because they are compound cuts,  

Well done, Dick.  I do not see where I could help you.  Congratulation on a wonderful piece of art!

I know. there are a lot places you could have helped me... I needed you to come to AZ during this time of assembly... Hey,  see you in 2 or 3 weeks

Dick

1 hour ago, Dave Monk said:

Wow Dick............that would definitely be challenging.  I can't even imagine how hard it would be to get all the pieces to fit good. Nice job!

I am now thinking the same thing.. How does one get all those pieces to fit correctly? Has me stumped, Dave.

Dick

heppnerguy

37 minutes ago, spirithorse said:

Great work, Dick,
I know we hear it so often that it is beginning to sound like a cliché but, we are sometimes our own worst critics.
You should be very proud of this accomplishment.
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

I love this piece. Do not get me wrong. I am proud of it and anxious to show our visitors. I have made other Eiffel Towers before but not one as authentically detailed as this one. I will show you the other pattern that I have cut. I have made 4 or 5 of the first pattern. I really liked it too but this new pattern is so much nicer and several times more difficult.

Dick

heppnerguy

E ower.PNG

Edited by heppnerguy

18 minutes ago, lew said:

WOW!! Beautiful piece of art! 

I agree with you that we must push ourselves and our skills.

Like you, I also get much encouragement and inspiration from the pieces posted here. Your piece is an inspiration to me!!

Thank you,   Lew  that is a really nice compliment to me

Dick

heppnerguy

Only one word for that Dick... Toweriffic! 

Awesome job.   I'd love to have a go at that but we can't get Baltic Birch ply here.  What thickness is it by the way?  Don't know what I would do with it either even if I did finish it.  I reckon the kids or the hyperactive Labrador would reduce it to matchsticks in pretty short order. 

Well, well, done.  Don't forget to send Pedro a photo!

Rob

8 hours ago, Rob said:

Only one word for that Dick... Toweriffic! 

Awesome job.   I'd love to have a go at that but we can't get Baltic Birch ply here.  What thickness is it by the way?  Don't know what I would do with it either even if I did finish it.  I reckon the kids or the hyperactive Labrador would reduce it to matchsticks in pretty short order. 

Well, well, done.  Don't forget to send Pedro a photo!

Rob

This one is cut with 1/4 inch.. Actually I think it would be really cool in a natural wood instead of BB Birch but I am too cheap to buy some. Did you see the one the guy made for the schools prom? 20 feet high. Amazing and one was made from chocolate. 

I would never send a photo of this one to Pedro. I think my poor workmanship might upset his skills and time he spent to make the pattern. Most people will just look at it in the corner and think it is amazing, instead of scrutinize it.

Dick

heppnerguy

Lew= do as my wife says = I am passing her advice on to you since I have the hang up of prefection.  I guess it is my German heritage-  Don't say a word  before and after you show your piece .  Just say I'm really glad you like it. She says they'll never see the mistakes because they admire the piece as a Whole.  works for me real well.                                                   PS The Tower is really a beautiful work.I love it and wish some day I could do that pattern 

Edited by fordamir

I can only echo the admiration posted here already.

Re;  Gluing together 45s.  I have learned to stick half the width of a 2" wide blue painters tape to the "outside" of each of the 4 sides.  (Right side or left of each).  Glue a bevel on a piece & stand that and the mate on a flat surface.  Fold the other half of the tape to hold the 2 pieces together.  IF there is room, after all sides are joined, place a narrower tape on the inside of each corner.  Here is an example;

2015-06-16 002.JPG

23 hours ago, wombatie said:

Wow I don't think many of us would even try it let alone finish it.  I take my hat off to your Dick.  Awesome job.  A little fact for you, did you know it takes 20 minutes to walk down the steps from the second level to the ground in the rain.  ;)

Marg

Thank you for the nice compliment, it is fun to try new challenges in scrolling but sometime it turns out to also be a little bit disappointing when things do not go as one hopes. I really like the Eiffel Tower and I have been to Paris and stood beneath it. One thing that surprised me was, I thought it would be a lot bigger at it's base. We did not go up into the Tower as we only had four days to be in Paris and there was so much I wanted to see.  My question to you is.... how long does it  take to walk from the second level to the ground when it is not raining.😯

Dick

heppnerguy