Aint Never Scrolled With a Chain Saw Before

Rockytime

I tried my Pagas saw blades on my Eiffel Tower and the first time I used them, I did not like them because they were too aggressive for my liking, However do to my lack of blade supply, I resorted back to them and I think they  are going to be my "go to blades" now.. I am not sure if anyone really figures out the scroll saw blade. 

Dick

heppnerguy

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Rockytime said:

Not really. Just my experience with an Olson #7 Skip Tooth blade. I'm cutting 1/2" poplar. That blade chews through lumber like an alligator on a cadaver. I'm not posting this as an endorsement just what I observed. Lots of fun experimenting with blades.

Tell us how you know about alligators eating cadavers.  Inquiring minds want to know.

jerry

I've got some #9 blades Rocky that'd take a fair piece of your finger if'n ya got it in the way of the blade. They are a perty fierce blade. I don't use them to often. Just for sizin' a project & cuttin' thick hard wood. The interestin' part about blades like that Mr. Rocky is a couple dozen last a long time.:) 

It's good to hear you're tryin' numerous sizes & types of blades, Sir. Sometimes it's kinda fun to take a break from the seriousness of things & try different blades, different breeds of blades, thickness & tooth setting, just for the experience, & to see for ourselves just exactly what tickles our fancy. Dependin' on what sort of projects your interests are centered around, thickness of wood ya prefer, species of wood, all these things, imo, determine your choice of blades you keep in your arsenal. I'm interested to hear what your go to blade is, Rocky.:) How are ya likin' your Hawk, Sir?

Edited by SCROLLSAW703

9 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

I've got some #9 blades Rocky that'd take a fair piece of your finger if'n ya got it in the way of the blade. They are a perty fierce blade. I don't use them to often. Just for sizin' a project & cuttin' thick hard wood. The interestin' part about blades like that Mr. Rocky is a couple dozen last a long time.:) 

It's good to hear you're tryin' numerous sizes & types of blades, Sir. Sometimes it's kinda fun to take a break from the seriousness of things & try different blades, different breeds of blades, thickness & tooth setting, just for the experience, & to see for ourselves just exactly what tickles our fancy. Dependin' on what sort of projects your interests are centered around, thickness of wood ya prefer, species of wood, all these things, imo, determine your choice of blades you keep in your arsenal. I'm interested to hear what your go to blade is, Rocky.:) How are ya likin' your Hawk, Sir?

Ahh, the Hawk. It is great. I love the saw. Like goin' from a Yugo to a Lamborghini. My Ryobi to a Hawk. Wonderful machines. I am now cutting the Case logo from 3/4" MDF. I had the pattern resized 195% to 16" tall. Don't know how I'll paint it but will find someone to do it for me.

14 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

Rocky, ya don't mind me askin', Sir, what was your reason for pickin' MDF for this project? Any special reasoning? Just curious. 

Hi Brad. I used it because I had a piece that fit. I was too lazy to go to Lowe's for poplar or pine. I can't afford buying hardwoods. I could go to Woodcraft and get wood but I don't cut anything that requires fine woods. I just cut for my own amusement. I'll never use MDF again,

22 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Hi Brad. I used it because I had a piece that fit. I was too lazy to go to Lowe's for poplar or pine. I can't afford buying hardwoods. I could go to Woodcraft and get wood but I don't cut anything that requires fine woods. I just cut for my own amusement. I'll never use MDF again,

I use MDF for some of my jigs but nothing much else. Like some have said, too much dust and they can be damaged too easily. I tend to drop stuff and MDF corners don't do well when that happens.