still trying to learn portrait pattern

heppnerguy

I can't believe I keep on trying to get this thing figured out, but I will get it some day if I do not give up. I think I am able to make my portraits resemble the person enough to tell who it is but some of the details are hard for me to pick up on.. This one is of my newest great grandson. His aunt took the photo of him last  week and posted it on Facebook a couple of days ago. the Quality of the photo was good enough that I just had to give it a try. I text a photo of the pattern to his mother, and ask her for her honest opinion. She said, 'It looks just like him', so I told her I would go ahead and cut it for her. An hour later is was all cut and today I made the backer board for one, (I double cut it) and put the other one in a frame. She will be in Arizona the last of June to celebrate her birthday at her mother and father's  house. We will miss the event because we are going to be in Oregon. This is her first child.  Her husband is in Army Special Forces and will be deployed the middle of June, so he also will not be there for her birthday

Dick

heppnerguy

max 4.PNG

max 5.PNG

That is a great pattern, Dick!  You are way ahead of me.  I have been playing with pattern making and do I ever struggle.  I just do not seem to have the eye to pick it up.  I think face portraits must be the hardest because the slightest miss-mark changes the whole face expression..

Cute little fellow and you caught it.  Well done.

• 2 weeks later...