3/12 What are you presently working on?

Christina

I am just finishing up a Kenworth truck for my dad. He asked me a while back, before I got real busy with the holidays. He wanted some type of a truck to double as a "whiskey decanter". I have a few more things to add to it then its ready for finish. I am building it out of ash that was giving to me. hopefully I will have pictures this weekend.

... hopefully I will have pictures this weekend.

Ooo. I can't wait to see it! Sounds really cool.

I only make stuff for my own amusement (with a toy here and there to amuse the boy). I'm trying to wrap up a few projects. I tend to start more projects than I finish... :lol: I have an Einstein portrait that needs another coat of finish. I made a portrait of my son that needs finished. I stack cut a wordart design "Lord Teach Us To Pray" from Jeff Paxton's book (Words of Faith in Wood) that I've been meaning to finish since last Christmas. I also have a few car designs ready to be assembled. I also have a few more projects that I really should focus on too. Uggg. Its so much fun to start projects, but when unfinished projects stack up.... :eye:

Right now it is three more of the angels like I have in my album. Just have to trim the wings to fit the body and then the backers. Just waiting for the weather to warm back up a bit to finish them.

Fran

I know you've done quite a few of those angels. They look great. Do you sell them? Or do you give them away?

That's a nice thought. I need to make something for my neighbor. He's an AMAZING gardener and he's pretty helpful with advice (and sharing his harvest :D ). I'll have to find something good. He's a salesman, so I'd love to turn a nice pen for him....'course I need a lathe first...LOL.

I'm doing yard art for spring time for my in laws. They used to live on farm in country and they used to raise all kinds of different chickens And ducks. So they now live in town in trailer park so i figure it is time that the chickens and ducks come to live in their yard. I think it will make their place more enjoyable for them. they miss living in the country. So some of the country is going to come and live in their yard. cheap chickens and ducks they will not have to feed them. :D

I've been doing some unique key racks for an upcoming show.A couple of them are on the home page. Also been selling some thru a couple of local biker leather shops. I have been working with Andy Deane on a couple of car pattern ideas for the key racks. I am thinking "usefull" items priced reasonably will be the selling items with the economy as it is.

Paul

Thanks, Travis. They only take about 45 minutes to cut and finish. Spray varnish, and spray urethane. Working on "generic" stock cars to avoid copyright with nascar. And working on a couple of classic cars. Like 'Stangs, Camaros, etc. for upcoming car shows. But the concept ,key racks, can have any design for them can be used. Sports, wildlife, religous, light-houses,word-art, etc. can be adapted. The possibilities are endless.

Paul