A lot of practice with a spiral blade

Dave Monk

Looks like a pro to me.  You did you usual awesome job!  There will come a day when spirals are just another tool in the box and you will be as comfortable using that tool as any other.  I love spirals for many things, but they are just another size, type of blade, just like flat blades only different....:?  And, I say with a little practice you can cut just as straight a line with a spiral and you can with a flat blade... The only thing I have not been able to do with a spiral is make sharp pointed corners.... well, Charles Dearing (who says he has never used a flat blade) says he can and told how in something I watched several years ago, but doing as he says I am only successful about 30% or less of the time.

Edited by Scrappile

54 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Looks like a pro to me.  You did you usual awesome job!  There will come a day when spirals are just another tool in the box and you will be as comfortable using that tool as any other.  I love spirals for many things, but they are just another size, type of blade, just like flat blades only different....:?  And, I say with a little practice you can cut just as straight a line with a spiral and you can with a flat blade... The only thing I have not been able to do with a spiral is make sharp pointed corners.... well, Charles Dearing (who says he has never used a flat blade) says he can and told how in something I watched several years ago, but doing as he says I am only successful about 30% or less of the time.

You are just too modest, Paul. You are about as good with spiral as anyone out there. I have seen so many amazing things you have cut with  your spiral blades and because of your expertise, I am trying to do my work better. I know I will never reach the expertise that you have but don't slack off or, who knows, why down the road I may get just a little closer to being able to cut some of the things you have in your box in your basement.………. You are right, I never will get that good

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

The thing I like the least is all the fuzzies that they leave.

Dick, you are better than me a whole lot of scrolling levels.  I practice to get good with flat blades because they are the most used tool and I understand why.  If a person is good at only one type blade than they are handicapped.  They all have their purpose.  Person need to work at learning all. 

Edited by Scrappile