Hawk scroll saw - need advise

Clayton717

Clayton We will give the same advise as the previous question on value of a Hawk saw. These saws are all professional line saws. They are not beginners entry level saws. The Hawk line os saws in my opinion is top of the line. They have over the years taken their saws to new levels improving on things if problems arose with a current model. Some improvements are so minor the average person will not even know, This series G4 is the middle series in their line and its biggest improvement was the ability to top feed. These are again over $1200 saws so when you say cheap what are you talking. These saws will go for around $500 to $600 on the market. Is it a good deal?? You have to see the saw and be able to test saw. Does the motor run and sound good, does the VS work, does the air blowing system work, is the back blade tension cam look in good shape, does the front tension work and so on. Too many variables to say yes good deal. But are they worth the look. Absolutely. Here is a link for the BM series to show what improvements go on to give you an idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5E18zXTZI 

At $130 and, somewhat more,  I would give it a go.  Rolf hasn't responded, he is busy with a new toy, I think, but I was looking at buying a used G4 for much more than you are looking at and he encouraged me.  He said the G4 was one of the better models, that is not a quote but the essences of our discussion.  I did not purchase it, I didn't have the extra money and it would be my third saw... so...  I offered to trade a rifle for it, the seller was real interested it that deal but I got cold feet.  I do regret not getting it.  I have never fired the rifle, I would have fired-up the G4.

Edited by Scrappile

1 hour ago, Clayton717 said:

I am a Hawk owner. Got the Hawk G4 for $ 330. I am going tomorrow to pick it up. I hope it is as nice as the pictures.

If all works it still a very good deal. You get to at least try it being it is a pickup. Good luck. Good to see the Hawk family growing here. 😊

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

He posted it in another message post or on a different forum.. at any rate..it was this place 

https://www.hibid.com/

Thanks Kevin. That's a new one on me. I just checked it out. It seems to limit a person to within 500 miles. I guess that's ok. I don't want to drive very far anyway.

34 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Thanks Kevin. That's a new one on me. I just checked it out. It seems to limit a person to within 500 miles. I guess that's ok. I don't want to drive very far anyway.

Thanks Kevin, You are correct, it was on https://www.hibid.com. I thought I had posted that here too.