Hawk Cover

jbrowning

That's a good question.. and I also would like to have one.. Might have to give them a call as they don't always have everything on the web site.. I'd like to have a couple of them.. also wouldn't mind one for the DeWalt and Excalibur.. since they all seem to collect dust.. I mostly use my old 220VS so probably wouldn't really need one for that one.. 

If you call Nikki at Bushton & ask her about it, they have a lady there in Bushton they use that has a sewing shop. She makes covers for all their saws. And yes, she has the patterns to create the cover, you just tell her what you'd like it made from. I don't have her number anymore, that's why I suggest you call Nikki.

You will just have to buy a Hegner, they have one for it.  Does your wives sew?? Or do you sew?  Make them.  Or... got some old bath towels??  For several years, I have tried to get my sweet wife... the sweat one, not the crankie one to make a cover for my Street Organ.  I want it in quilt fashion, and to look like my organ... now, is that too much to ask.... do I have it.....   NO!  My one of a kind precious organ is covered with old bath towels!!

Edited by Scrappile

Wow we are now babying our saws. Do you need to put a heater under the cover too to keep it warm at night.😁 None of my tools in my full woodworking shop have ever had covers and that includes 4 scrollsaws. If you really need one them maybe an air conditioning cover may work. Home Depot have them for cheap money. Do they get dust on sure but so what, it will not effect bearings and anything else on them. They are made to get dusty.  

Oh hell JT, what difference does it make? If the gentlemen want covers for their saws, than so be it. I've got every one of my scroll saws covered, & my table saw, too. The reason being is because when I am in the shop & have finish work or stainin' to do, I do it by air sprayer. The covers prevent any over spray or carry over in the air from landing on the saw decks. And it keeps them cleaner & easier to look after. Each to their own JT. Oh hey, don't forget to turn the a/c down under your scroll saws. I'd hate to hear ya had to build a fire under them to get them to run! Enjoy the day, JT!☺

Edited by SCROLLSAW703

I guess I did not use enough of these.  😊😊😊😊

Another suggestion if the air conditioner covers won't work, Harbor Freight sells many size tarps that probably can work. 

Maybe a outdoor grill cover will work. Here is a site that has all kind of covers. http://www.the-cover-store.com/equipment-covers/outdoor-full-air-conditioner-covers?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BING | OUT | AC | SEARCH&utm_term=air conditioner covers&utm_content=OUT | AC | SEARCH | US | Air Conditioner Covers

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

9 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

Oh hell JT, what difference does it make? If the gentlemen want covers for their saws, than so be it. I've got every one of my scroll saws covered, & my table saw, too. The reason being is because when I am in the shop & have finish work or stainin' to do, I do it by air sprayer. The covers prevent any over spray or carry over in the air from landing on the saw decks. And it keeps them cleaner & easier to look after. Each to their own JT. Oh hey, don't forget to turn the a/c down under your scroll saws. I'd hate to hear ya had to build a fire under them to get them to run! Enjoy the day, JT!☺

If you are spray finishing in the same shop you do woodworking all I can say is good luck man. Dust and finish do not mix but as YOU elegantly said TO EACH HIS OWN. Love your jabs. 

18 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You will just have to buy a Hegner, they have one for it.  Does your wives sew?? Or do you sew?  Make them.  Or... got some old bath towels??  For several years, I have tried to get my sweat wife... the sweat one, not the crankie one to make a cover for my Street Organ.  I want it in quilt fashion, and to look like my organ... now, is that too much to ask.... do I have it.....   NO!  My one of a kind precious organ is covered with old bath towels!!

Paul, you might be well off to learn how to spell "sweet". I'm sure she doesn't appreciate being associated with "perspiration". Just sayin.........