Baltic birch

Mabel H.

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

That's cheap compared to our woodcraft.. shows it at $8.99.. I just looked at the website where I go and it's $12.75 for a 5 x 5 ft sheet.. If you buy 1-3 sheets. If you get 10+ sheets like I do.. then its $11.05 per sheet.. then wait for the big sale that they do as I mentioned above and they even do much better on the price.. 

I don't know why I didn't think about suggesting to look on their website lol, its funny how your brain works differently while you're at work.

Biggest BB size here is 30" x 48" and is just over $20 for 1/4" and just under for 1/8"

11 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Okay I see.. I was going to say.. they normally run a wood expo sale there as well.. It's usually a week or so before the Charlotte one.. as they bring the left overs to the Charlotte one so you'd get first picks there, LOL... Maybe they no longer do that at the SB store.. I don't know.. 

They must have changed the SB store runs the expo in October now.

8 minutes ago, Woodmaster1 said:

They must have changed the SB store runs the expo in October now.

Good to know, just in case I run out of lumber by then maybe I can get some good deals there.. 😂 Kind of a drive for me to that one as well.. I'm only about 25 mile ( 30-35 minutes) from Charlotte.. but about 1.5 hours to the SB one

On 8/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, octoolguy said:

Hey, where ya been? I've missed your postings. I hope it's not TOO hot and humid down there.

Hi @octoolguy - thanks.

Yes, the heat has been unbearable in my garage/shop for the past few months. Not to mention we've had one of the wettest seasons I can remember.

I just received my 734 dewalt planer which I'll be reviewing and posting on soon.

Once the weather starts to chill a bit, I'll get back into the shop and start up again.  I have a new wood working class I'll be starting on the 5th of Sept,!

Sorry to hijack the thread - back to our regularly scheduled topic :)