Chess anyone?

GPscroller

Not much of a chess player, myself (always wondered were the trebuchets and main battle tanks were...why close with the enemy when you can pick them off from a distance without putting down your cup o' coffee?)....but I've always appreciated the craftsmanship that goes into a nice chess set.  Been thinking about making one of my own, now that I've pretty much finished up my current obsessi....er...project.  :)

Well done!

Jeff, Nice job.  In the end how thick were the pieces when you cut them?  I started a thread here a week back when trying to cut some word art from 1.25" maple and found my Dewalt 788 blade was way out of square at the top of the stroke (but square at the bottom) after install the Pegas blade clamps.  I'm curious what saw you used and how much out of square your blade is from top to bottom of stroke.  Thanks

Larry

4 hours ago, Larry B said:

Jeff, Nice job.  In the end how thick were the pieces when you cut them?  I started a thread here a week back when trying to cut some word art from 1.25" maple and found my Dewalt 788 blade was way out of square at the top of the stroke (but square at the bottom) after install the Pegas blade clamps.  I'm curious what saw you used and how much out of square your blade is from top to bottom of stroke.  Thanks

Larry

I used my 21" Excalibur and Sawbird #3 ultra reverse blades.  The wood was 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 blocks.  I remember your thread about your cutting coning out.  I tried larger blades to cut the blocks but found the #3's worked the best, just had to change them frequently.  One blade per piece was the average for the harder woods.  This kept the vertical cuts fairly straight.  Hope this helps.

Jeff