Navy Clock And Completed Pipe Wrench

kmmcrafts

1 hour ago, trackman said:

I googled “the sawdust mistress “ but didn’t come up with anything. Does anyone have a address to get the patterns?

All I can say is... She was a moderator of the MSN group back in 2000 -2008 ish.. and she made a lot of really nice patterns.. She had a web site that was just mostly for fun to connect to other scrollers.. Her husband retired as a firefighter and I believe they sold their house in Texas and bought an RV and are now traveling.. When MSN shut down groups ( 2008 ish?).. the group merged over to the scroll sawer site.. many of the patterns didn't transfer and many of the folks on the MSN group didn't like the switch and we lost a lot of awesome designers.. I'm sure they are still out there but everyone kind of split up to different sites.. and patterns became harder to come by..

Back then if one asked for a pattern.. within a couple hours.. there'd be 4-5 to choose from... I use to save every pattern from that site.. and still have many but many was lost in a hard drive crash.. I still have the hard drive and intend to pay the $300-400 to try to retrieve the patterns.. Just to give an idea on how many patterns there is.. there was always about 3-10 patterns posted on that group for many years.. and I saved any and all that was posted.. other than the personal photo to pattern things.. of people.. but any cars or other things.. I have it.. LOL or at least did until that drive crashed.. sad thing is.. it was an external drive made to back up things like that LOL 

Sylvia is or was also a moderator for the scroll sawer forum.. but she been missing in action for several years now.. she used to pop in about every year or so.. maybe still does as I'm very seldom on there anymore.. I did go to the pattern section hoping to tell you they are on there... but sadly they are not..

Kevin I remember that site There were many different groups on there before Face Book took over. Sylvia was one of my favorite people who did patterns and she was fantastic. She did some patterns for me back in the day. You are right there were many more pattern makers out there on various sites. I believe this is about the most active site any more.

Got the wrench clock done today and have to say those teeth were a challenge for sure . Also started the Navy plaque that someone posted recently and that will have some time in it. Took me about an hour to cut all the insides of the chain on that one. But the chain is what sets this pattern off. Also just thought of a couple more ideas for clocks that I need to try to make. Hopefully I can do these myself but may have to get a pattern helper. Getting back into this has sparked some desires again. Was also thinking I should order another one of those tension handles again to have a spare because I have really been working the saw hard these days. Love my RBI. 

2 minutes ago, Jim McDonald said:

Sylvia did a wedding pattern for us many years ago and disappeared. I have tried to contact her a couple of times to Express my thanks, but have not heard anything from her.

A great talent for sure.

Was it the ring and the cross? I have the template for it and she gave me the Okay to make them for others.. I never let that cat out of the bag until just now.. but when she said she was stepping back to travel.. I asked if I could get that template and asked if it was okay to make them for others.. I have a signed email saying I can make those.. her only stipulation was.. I must tell them May God Bless Their marriage.. I made a couple of them for others but that was it.. I realized I didn't like making them and so never mentioned it to anyone..

2 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Was it the ring and the cross? I have the template for it and she gave me the Okay to make them for others.. I never let that cat out of the bag until just now.. but when she said she was stepping back to travel.. I asked if I could get that template and asked if it was okay to make them for others.. I have a signed email saying I can make those.. her only stipulation was.. I must tell them May God Bless Their marriage.. I made a couple of them for others but that was it.. I realized I didn't like making them and so never mentioned it to anyone..

It was that pattern. I just checked the date and I cut it 05/09. I think it may been one of the last she did through the other forum. 

12 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I am having one of those brain melt downs as I am trying to think of her sign-on name. I can see it in front of me but the brain is not cooperating.  

Yeah I cannot think of it either... not surprising though as it's been about 10 years.. and really longer than that because the MSN group shut down in 08 I'm pretty sure.. but she was never very active on the scroll sawer site like she was on the MSN group... I think the MSN group was call Free4AllScrollSawPatterns? Or something like that.. Then Rick Hutchins ? started a website that was also called free4allscrollsawpatterns.. but was too much for him to run so he shut it down maybe 2012-13 ish.. there were some good designers on that site too.. and was kind of getting to the point like the MSN group was..  Unfortunately there was many designers that wouldn't allow their patterns to be re-loaded in that merge to the scroll sawer site.. so many lost a great deal of nice designs... I saved every design to the external drive... but then it crashed on me about 3-4 years ago.. so I no longer have all of those wonderful designs.. Probably well worth the $$ to get the company to try to recover all of those patterns..   

Yeah the wrench wasn't too bad to cut and the most challenging was the teeth / threads on the adjustment knob.. 

Good to see you getting back in the groove of making some sawdust.. your work has always been top notch.. I always enjoy looking at the extra touches you would do to your projects.. 

That was the name of the site and as I said it was a real good one. The problem Kevin is as I get into this again so many more ideas keep popping in my head and I will not have enough time to get alot of them done before the shows but will push forward and try to get some relevant ones that I think will sell well. Trying to change much of my inventory once again. I do this every so often because people get tired of looking at same stuff. Will continue into next year with more ideas and will continue to make some changes. I will have to go into the archives and see if I have her messages and also look at patterns she made for me. Possible her sign-on name is on something. Hey if at some time you ever get those patterns downloaded from that disc I would like a copy. I could send you a flash drive to copy to. I know it is a down the road thing but keep me in mind. When I pass I sure hope my family does not throw out all the stuff I have and sells it off or even give it away to someone who can appreciate it. I put my brother in charge of my pen turning stuff and gave him a place to get rid of it and make some cash. Thousands of $$$ in that hobby too. 

8 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

That was the name of the site and as I said it was a real good one. The problem Kevin is as I get into this again so many more ideas keep popping in my head and I will not have enough time to get alot of them done before the shows but will push forward and try to get some relevant ones that I think will sell well. Trying to change much of my inventory once again. I do this every so often because people get tired of looking at same stuff. Will continue into next year with more ideas and will continue to make some changes. I will have to go into the archives and see if I have her messages and also look at patterns she made for me. Possible her sign-on name is on something. Hey if at some time you ever get those patterns downloaded from that disc I would like a copy. I could send you a flash drive to copy to. I know it is a down the road thing but keep me in mind. When I pass I sure hope my family does not throw out all the stuff I have and sells it off or even give it away to someone who can appreciate it. I put my brother in charge of my pen turning stuff and gave him a place to get rid of it and make some cash. Thousands of $$$ in that hobby too. 

All the patterns I have of hers was just signed Sylvia.. in hand written cursive... 

I'll definitely send you a copy of the patterns IF / When I send that hard drive in to try to get the patterns off it.. I do have a lot of them that I copied to a CD disc.. but as I said.. most of them were lost on the hard drive..

I know what you mean about the $$ value of not only the tools but the inventory of finished work as well...    

7 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

All the patterns I have of hers was just signed Sylvia.. in hand written cursive... 

I'll definitely send you a copy of the patterns IF / When I send that hard drive in to try to get the patterns off it.. I do have a lot of them that I copied to a CD disc.. but as I said.. most of them were lost on the hard drive..

I know what you mean about the $$ value of not only the tools but the inventory of finished work as well...    

Does the name "Jr. Ranger" ring a bell?