Homer Bishop

Travis

I heard some sad news from a forum member that Homer Bishop has passed away.  My heart goes out to his wife Carol and the rest of his friends and family.  @Bishop has been a member of SSV since Oct. 2011.  He was a very kind guy who loved sharing his expertise.  His work is amazing and has been featured in SSW&C.  He'll be missed.

Hate to say it but I could not place this gentleman.  So, I went and looked at his posts in "Bragging Rights".  Only a few but I remember one in particular.  He did some pictures using vinyl floor tile that I thought were very unique and neat, 

He also did a neat slot machine bank..

Very sorry to read of his death.  My condolences to his family.

Here is a link to his obituary that was shared on the SSWC Magazine's Forum. Looks like they may have an Intarsia pattern of Homer and Carol's already planned for the next issue.

https://www.eliasfh.com/notices/Homer-Bishop

The article index for the magazine shows that Homer and Carol had 11 articles previously in that magazine. http://scrollsawer.com/article-index/ - If you put Bishop in the search box, it will show the articles they did.

I did a screen capture since the link wouldn't show just their articles for those who might want to see. If you click on it, it will show up larger so you can read it.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.37.07 AM.png

Edited by meflick

So sorry to hear this. I was just thinking about them this morning and knowing I need to make an effort at sending them a message. I corresponded with Homer quite often buy had not done so for some time and thought I should do this today and I see this post. How sad, He was a really nice guy. Hurts to read this post.

Dick

heppnerguy