Hans from The Holz Brothers | Cutomizable Patterns

Hans Holz

Hi, Scroll saw village!

My name is Hans and I am a scroll saw pattern designer 🎨 .

I just graduated from college and I wanted to use my degree to be helpful to the community. I started The Holz Brothers, a service to allow scrollers to personalize their patterns before downloading them.

Here is the most customized scroll saw pattern of 2019

869146117_RegalSplitmonogram.thumb.png.608ba7824f4ea0255a5c7eb1f0026a1c.png

Before I created this website, I didn't see a lot of people using custom patterns because they are expansive, or hard to design, and it made me sad. I strongly believe making stuff by hand should allow personalization.

So, I was thinking that if I can teach the computer how to make custom patterns, they wouldn't need to be so expansive anymore.

Also, I believe making sawdust is more fun than sitting in front of Inkscape for most people. 😋

I design all the patterns myself in San Diego, California 🇺🇸

You can check my shop page on The Scroll Saw Village Shop Section or directly visit https://theholzbrothers.com 

Let me know which pattern is your favorite please so I keep doing similar patterns!

Also, feel free to mention me anywhere on Scroll Saw Village using @Hans Holz if you need help with anything! I try to be responsive.

Thank you all for reading!

And of course: Have fun making custom sawdust! 😜

--

Hans Holz

Edited by Hans Holz

Hi Hans.

It's a great idea for those that can't make patterns but if you notice on this forum the villagers ask for a patterns and get it for free so good luck with this one don't let it stop you from moving forward as some patterns are more complicated than others and now that there is software out there that does it for you, you might struggle. All the best .:thumbs:Roly

Edited by Phantom Scroller

1 hour ago, Phantom Scroller said:

Hi Hans.

It's a great idea for those that can't make patterns but if you notice on this forum the villagers ask for a patterns and get it for free so good luck with this one don't let it stop you from moving forward as some patterns are more complicated than others and now that there is software out there that does it for you, you might struggle. All the best .:thumbs:Roly

You're correct. Scroll saw art is before all a hobby, and usually, it's good to keep hobbies as cheap as possible! That's the very reason I target primarily scrollers doing it professionally, but I also let it open to regular scrollers so they can enjoy the "pro" low prices.

My customers would rather spend a couple dollars to spend 100% of their time having fun cutting, rather than spending 50% of their time waiting for their pattern requests to be done.

It's always all about costs vs convenience! 😋😋😋

One of my customers posted this today, for example. She spent 30 sec personalizing her pattern, got immediately back to her saw, cut it and she then could just start working on her next project. I mean, you can't make more simple than that!

This is probably worth $65 as customization definitely bump the price she can sell it for. She got a great business 😁

47117529_1707312272747635_1659689699498786816_n.thumb.jpg.ce2f4630c5e9223e41c7e1f6e8201aa4.jpg

Thank you for your message and wishes @Phantom Scroller, maybe someday you'll give us a try too if you decide to go pro or just want a pattern for a present for someone special ☺️

You can even contact me directly and I'll send you a coupon as a thank you!

Take care,

--

Hans

Don't you just love the exhilaration of youth ?  Such ernest energy, wonderful and  I mean that most sincerely.

I wish you well with your endeavours Hans and your patterns look really nice.

However, as Phantom Scroller says, perhaps this is not the place where you'll get a tremendous amount of orders from.

9 hours ago, Foxfold said:

Don't you just love the exhilaration of youth ?  Such ernest energy, wonderful and  I mean that most sincerely.

I wish you well with your endeavours Hans and your patterns look really nice.

However, as Phantom Scroller says, perhaps this is not the place where you'll get a tremendous amount of orders from.

Thank you so much @Foxfold !! 

Welcome Hans and Good luck with your site.  Nothing wrong with trying to help others out while helping yourself.  I too looked at your site.  Prices are very good in my opinion especially for those who want something right away and don't want to wait for someone to help them out for free.  For those who struggle creating their own patterns and/or are not computer tech savvy with the programs needed, they may indeed be willing to pay your nominal fee for instant downloading.  We are in the "instant gratification" generation after all! ☺️ It won't be for everyone, as some know how to do this work easily for themselves but it is a good resource for those who might want it.

Welcome to The Village. Glad that you found us. I hope you are able to find some customers here for your designs. I want you to know that the best thing about this website, ( in my opinion, is that this is one big happy and helpful family), If that is what you are looking for, you have  certainly come to the right place. A lot of talent lurks within our family and we all encourage new members because we all have something for each other. I hope you log on often and get to know the regulars here. 

Dick

heppnerguy