The Guardian

kdparker

13 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Very well done.  You appear to have more flag showing than I did.  I really like it.

I would be very interested in that flag photo if you could share a link. May want to use on other projects such as military plaques. I have been looking for a realistic photo. Did you use decal paper or any special paper to make it stand out like it does. It looks real. Thanks

11 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I would be very interested in that flag photo if you could share a link. May want to use on other projects such as military plaques. I have been looking for a realistic photo. Did you use decal paper or any special paper to make it stand out like it does. It looks real. Thanks

John, to get my flag photo that I used I just search 'American flag" and selected one from the images.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:37 AM, kdparker said:

I stacked cut three of these in 1/8 inch BB (12 x 16) for Christmas presents.

The pattern is by Charles Hand and as designed, has 260 cutouts.  I had to add a few bridges to stabilize some areas and to add the US flag at the bottom which resulted in a total of 297 cutouts. 

I copied the use of the flag at the bottom from an earlier post of this pattern by Scrappile (Paul).

Comments and mild criticism welcome.

Keith 

image.thumb.png.c24d18ab80b87c0d0d340b6eaf030884.png

Hello Kieth, do you have a specific link to that flag and could you tell us how you did the photo??  Did you use special paper?? Something is making that flag stand out more as 3D than a normal photo and I like it alot. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments/feedback.

Paul,  you are correct about more of the flag showing.  I added two inches to the length of the pattern to allow for more of the flag to be visible.

Tackman and JT,  

After getting idea for the flag from Paul, I spent several weeks searching for the best material for the flag background.  I searched for flags on the internet as Paul suggested to me but when I used them for the background, I did not get the result I was looking for in the application.  I tried decals and some sections of actual flags and still did not get the desired results.   

I got lucky in finding the material I used on the Wooden Teddy Bear site.  The material is very thick card stock and give the final desire results.  I am including the stock number, description, and link below as requested.

I hope this is helpful:

12" x 12" double sided background paper - AC314 Flag / Blue Chevron SKUAC314

http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/x/product.php?productid=8359&cat=220&page=1

3 hours ago, kdparker said:

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments/feedback.

Paul,  you are correct about more of the flag showing.  I added two inches to the length of the pattern to allow for more of the flag to be visible.

Tackman and JT,  

After getting idea for the flag from Paul, I spent several weeks searching for the best material for the flag background.  I searched for flags on the internet as Paul suggested to me but when I used them for the background, I did not get the result I was looking for in the application.  I tried decals and some sections of actual flags and still did not get the desired results.   

I got lucky in finding the material I used on the Wooden Teddy Bear site.  The material is very thick card stock and give the final desire results.  I am including the stock number, description, and link below as requested.

I hope this is helpful:

12" x 12" double sided background paper - AC314 Flag / Blue Chevron SKUAC314

http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/x/product.php?productid=8359&cat=220&page=1

I knew it had to be something else. Beautiful and thank for the link. You will probably see this flag again😀 Going to order a few That is reasonable price.