Travis

Technically, I think this may be my second for the New Year, but the other one was one that spread its self out over about 3 years! LOL Anyway, I had asked for help, information and tips on cutting thin lettering in this thread:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32260-how-would-you-start-cutting-this-pattern/  and received lots for which I am thankful.  I finally cut it out and have added it to my gallery and to the sub-forum bragging rights found here: 

18 hours ago, Fran L said:

Was going to do Worthington House "First Christmas" intarsia of Santa kneeling to baby Jesus to make sure I had it done by next year. As I cut out the pattern for each type wood, I noticed a lot more tricky cuts and small pieces that I didn't realize looking at the big picture. Considering I hadn't done any cutting since before the holidays and they were actually functional pieces like address sign for my son's house, I figured I better get back to some practice pieces for a while. I couldn't even remember what blades I was comfortable with. I found a packet of patterns that I bought a couple years ago and thought they'd be perfect. I tried the wolf from Jacob Fowler. Not really planning on mounting it or anything but it was good practice. 

I do have a question for you vets out there as a point of reference. How long would this take you to cut this. I didn't think it was difficult since there aren't many narrow bridges- but there are a lot of sharp curves. It took me about 5&1/2 to 6 hours over 3 sessions to do it. I know a lot of you could probably knock this out pretty quick. I used Baltic birch and FD 2/0 blade. Critique is welcome.

IMG_0282.JPG

Definitely worthy of at least a good backer!  Nice cut!  And  yeah, something like that would probably take me 6-8 hours to cut.