Napkin holder

innar20

LOL, I have mentioned many times that most of my car clock patterns are purchased from a person on Etsy that does patterns for laser or CNC... I've even posted a few times as a tip that discussed to look for vector and DXF type files for scroll saw projects as this is what a lot of those guys use.. You might have to find a program to open DXF files.. but at any rate.. a lot of the questions about the files I have talked about a year or more ago.. Most times in buying the file.. I end up having to size it down quite a lot.. but I have my work around down pat now to get what I need from these type of files... I'm usually modifying file to work with my own twist on it anyway.. as the files I buy are not already clocks and usually have no text etc..  the  IF you buy the design from the actual designer.. many times emailing them and asking if they'll change the file up and send it as a PDF.. they're happy to do so for getting the sale.. BUT.. there are a lot of licensed sellers that also know nothing about how to change it up.. I do quite a lot of dealing with a seller on etsy with the store name DarensGraphix... I always look for any of these type files before asking our great designers here.. as I don't mind paying for a ready made design and hate to have designers make something that's already out there...There are a lot of these type files on etsy.. you just have to search for DXF or vector drawings..

Anyway, Melanie explained it and in much better detail than I could,   

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

LOL, I have mentioned many times that most of my car clock patterns are purchased from a person on Etsy that does patterns for laser or CNC... I've even posted a few times as a tip that discussed to look for vector and DXF type files for scroll saw projects as this is what a lot of those guys use.. You might have to find a program to open DXF files.. but at any rate.. a lot of the questions about the files I have talked about a year or more ago.. Most times in buying the file.. I end up having to size it down quite a lot.. but I have my work around down pat now to get what I need from these type of files... I'm usually modifying file to work with my own twist on it anyway.. as the files I buy are not already clocks and usually have no text etc..  the  IF you buy the design from the actual designer.. many times emailing them and asking if they'll change the file up and send it as a PDF.. they're happy to do so for getting the sale.. BUT.. there are a lot of licensed sellers that also know nothing about how to change it up.. I do quite a lot of dealing with a seller on etsy with the store name DarensGraphix... I always look for any of these type files before asking our great designers here.. as I don't mind paying for a ready made design and hate to have designers make something that's already out there...There are a lot of these type files on etsy.. you just have to search for DXF or vector drawings..

I think that is who I just bought the napkin holder designs from last night. I asked them if they could make into a PDF file so I can use on my home printer and they agreed. They were there this morning and later today I will download them all. I opened a few and they will work just fine. I always can enlarge them or shrink to fit my needs. 

On 1/31/2019 at 7:38 PM, kmmcrafts said:

I create patterns in Corel Draw and sometimes there are problems with dfx files.
The sizes do not match and the coordinates change.
Therefore, I always ask the client in what format to save a file for him.
If pdf, then I make the sizes on a scale of 1: 1, in order to remove extra problems from the client.
He can only turn on the printer and not think about the size. 👌