Napkin holder

innar20

Thank you for visiting our store. 

For sale is laser cut vector plan.
Plywood Napkin Holder
Digital product includes --- AI, EPS, CDR, SVG, DXF --- files.
---DESIGNS---
Vector pattern have a unique design.
---SET of 2 PATTERNS --- 
1- patterns create of plywood - 3,2 mm (1/8”)
2- patterns create of plywood - 4,0 mm
---DEMENSIONS---
Dimension external:
205x205x250 mm (8.1x8.1x9.8 inch)
---ATTENTION---
Priced is laser cut vector model. 
No physical item will be sent.
Instant Download.
You MAY NOT upload this file to any sites.
The intellectual property of the digital designs belongs to ArtHouseUA (A-Design). 
You may NOT, share, copy, trade, exchange, or resell this design in part or whole in any format, under any circumstances.
REMEMBER
Reselling this digital design is against the law.
POLICIES REGARDING THE USE OF OUR PHOTOS.
You can not use our photos !!!
You are permitted to use the photos of the design with the watermark left intact for your website.
---PLEASE NOTE---
if You need other size vector models or thickness plywood please tell me 
If You will have problems, contact me i will help you.
You can see my other vector plans in my shop
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtHouseUA
© ArtHouseUA
https://www.facebook.com/a.design.ua

You are not a criminal. You shown a finished product of their kit just like any other person here that shows in the bragging page a finished product. The thing is they are selling the files to make these. It is just like selling a pattern. Then you should be able to sell the finished product. You are not selling the files. Just like you are not selling a pattern. 

Hello to all.😉
Let me explain something to you about patterns in Russia.

1. On the example of napkin holders.
Suppose I drew a pattern and sold it to another person.
He shared a free pattern with a friend. (it's hard to call piracy)
A friend sawed a napkin holder and posted a photo of the network.
Another "designer" saw the photo and sketched the pattern, maybe not even for sale, but as a gift to his wife.
In a couple of years, every third master will have such patterns and it will be almost impossible to find the author.
Such patterns acquire the status of folk.

2. If I am the author and found a napkin holder made according to my pattern, even on sale, even if I don’t get my commission from these sales.
I will not sue.
First of all, I painted a pattern for my own pleasure and I feel sorry for the time for litigation.
Secondly, these "pirates" greatly save me money on advertising.
They simply do not realize that they are helping me. )))

3. An example of expensive patterns.
In Russia, there is a company that makes parametric furniture.
A strong company, with its designers and advertising agency. Some of their patterns sell.
The average price of 1000 dollars.🤑
A year later, they post their patterns on the net for free.

When I was surprised to ask the founder of the company why they were doing this, the answer was received:
First, the creation of each pattern over time pays off. Secondly, sooner or later, these patterns will still emerge in the network.
It's unavoidable!
So let it be better we ourselves will lay them out in good quality. As a manifestation of charity.

It seems to me that this is quite logical and fair.🤔

Edited by Ivan Nikolaev

Bottom line, if you want yourself a pattern with a napkin holder, then you have several options:
1. Buy Amazon pattern
2. Find free patterns on Russian forums
3. Ask for free to share a pattern (on the same Russian forums), I think none of the authors will not deny you such courtesy.

If you have difficulty finding and knowing other languages other than English, then I can help in this matter as an intermediary.
- Post links where to look.
- Find the right and make an adapted selection.
- Draw the desired pattern for you.

. I think there will be no problems with blanks.
All that is needed is a suitable silhouette and the very fastening of napkins.

P.S. Photo author Victor Lysenko

HFWFMQoWI7I.jpg

Just because a pattern for sale says it is a “laser pattern,” it does not mean that it is not useable as a scroll saw pattern. Usually, most of these types of patterns are pretty interchangeable. Usually if it is labeled as a "laser" pattern it usually  just means it was done by a person who primarily or only uses a laser for cutting and thus they label it a “laser” pattern. However, it can still usually be used by someone with a scroll saw, a CNC, etc.  The same is true for “scroll saw” patterns. While labeled as a “scroll saw” pattern, it could be used by someone using a laser for cutting. For example, if you follow Steve Good’s blog, you have probably seen where he has noted that he has started getting a lot of laser users who download and use his “scroll saw” patterns.

In this instance,  the site innar20 provided for finding a pattern to purchase notes that they are selling a digital download vector file that contains multiple file formats. Those formats include, AI (Adobe Illustrator), EPS (Encapsulated Postscript,) CDR (Corel Draw,) SVG (Scaleable Vector Graphic) (which can be used by many drawing programs including, AI, Corel, and Inkscape to name just a few) and finally, DXF (Drawing eXchange Format) which is used by a lot of AutoCad programs. So, you would simply need a program that used one of those formats. Since Inkscape is free and creates and uses SVG files by default, you can purchase and open the SVG file in Inkscape if you didn’t have a program that used any of the other formats.

One note, if you did buy the design, you would want to note the depth of the wood used for the pattern and modify as needed if you were using different size/depth of wood.

Innar20 is not a criminal because all he has shared was the information on where to find the file its self. The seller would be happy about that because it will lead to more sales perhaps. What the “cannot do” statement says is that you cannot share the file its self in any shape or form, for money or no money.

Someone could however figure out how the skirt part worked and then create and share or sell their own totally different pattern if they wanted. 

So, if you really want a pattern to work with, you can buy the one Innar20 linked to, or find another one that is downloadable  in a format that you can open with a program on your computer. Once you figure out the “skirt,” you can then create your own patterns if desired.

Edited by meflick
Fixing (more) typos but probably missed some

Brenda I hope you share what you get.  I have watched an number of videos today on "Cloned Tile Clones" and for some reason I can not get it to rotate correctly.  Won't rotate on the centre.  I have moved the centre but still no go.

I am getting closer and I will share once if I ever get the cog done.  

1 hour ago, meflick said:

if you really want a pattern to work with, you can buy the one Innar20

I hadn't realised you could buy the pattern. Well, I went and bought it and although I can open it with various things, it's all on one page that looks about 40ft long and try as I might I have no idea of how to print it out.  I've emailed them to ask.  I'll let you know if I get an answer. xx

56 minutes ago, don in brooklin on said:

Not sure but I now have a cog and am going to cut a few slots to see how the napkins fit and the I will think about an image.  Not sure of size.

@don in brooklin on  what I did was to copy a vector graphic (free online) of a cog. Import it into Inkscape and then  did a 'trace bitmap'.

When I had the copy I just pressed the 'node' button thing and I was able to stretch and re-size the bits as I wish.

4 hours ago, Foxfold said:

I hadn't realised you could buy the pattern. Well, I went and bought it and although I can open it with various things, it's all on one page that looks about 40ft long and try as I might I have no idea of how to print it out.  I've emailed them to ask.  I'll let you know if I get an answer. xx

I almost bought it too but was not sure about the file thing. Melanie sure cleared a few things up. Now I will watch what you come up with. I do want to make these and hope others jump in and design something different too. It is a great and different idea. Thanks all.

Catch Up.... I'm not good with 'files' and things on a computer so could not work out how to print the files for the doll. However, I emailed the person I bought the pattern off and they very kindly emailed me a 'pdf' copy that I have now saved and can print very easily.  I'm not well enough to cut anything this week but once I have cut this I'll put it up so you can see how it turned out.  Oh and I bought this one

xxxx.jpg

Edited by Foxfold

Brenda - first and foremost, I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Second, did they share with you printed details or information on "how" to work with their SVG file in Inkscape and you just didn't understand what they were telling you?  If so, can you share what they told you?  I don't want you to share the file its self, just the information that they shared on how to work with their files before they sent you the PDF.  I was thinking yesterday, since they are sharing multiple file formats already, they should add in a PDF file as well.  I look forward to seeing what you create with this file.  I am hoping some of us can figure this out and come up with some new designs perhaps.

Edited by meflick

@don in brooklin on Don - one thing I have discovered in looking around is that the "cog" or the "center wheel" that is designed to hold the napkins is not a single circle with the tabs but is instead two half circles with tabs to insert into the middle of the body.  You can see here in this video how they are doing that part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8_rm-uWVY

Edited by meflick
typos

I remember my Aunt had one back in the 50's.  If you look at the sites provided there are pictures of the napkin holder with out the napkins.  Looks like it is a couple of pieces put together.  Looks like it would be fairly simple to make.  I bet one of  you guys could make one...………………...anyone up for the challenge??   :)

1 hour ago, meflick said:

Brenda - first and foremost, I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Second, did they share with you printed details or information on "how" to work with their SVG file in Inkscape and you just didn't understand what they were telling you?  If so, can you share what they told you?  I don't want you to share the file its self, just the information that they shared on how to work with their files before they sent you the PDF.  I was thinking yesterday, since they are sharing multiple file formats already, they should add in a PDF file as well.  I look forward to seeing what you create with this file.  I am hoping some of us can figure this out and come up with some new designs perhaps.

Hi Melanie. Not sure what they originally sent me, but when I 'unzipped' it and put it in Inkscape it was so, so big (Wide) there was no way I could print it. So I sent them this ''"I have bought this pattern and wish to cut it on my scrollsaw, however, although I can open it with Inkscape I have absolutely no ideahow to print the pattern. Any assistance you can give would be gratefully recieved.I’m not young so the less technical an answer the better for me.With Kind RegardsBrenda Fox"

and  they sent me an email with the pattern on it, a pdf. I saved it and could then print it out , there are 3 pages of A4, one with the base on it. one with the dress and 'cog' thing (as you said before it's in two halves) and one with the 'doll' on it.   Don't know if this helps.  I found them very friendly and helpful xx

Edited by Foxfold

2 hours ago, meflick said:

@don in brooklin on Don - one thing I have discovered in looking around is that the "cog" or the "center wheel" that is designed to hold the napkins is not a single circle with the tabs but is instead two half circles with tabs to insert into the middle of the body.  You can see here in this video how they are doing that part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8_rm-uWVY

This is cool. I love these simple things. Has to be easy to scroll. Cool video. On my list and yes I too hope our designers can come up with some neat patterns.