Spiral Basket

Denny Knappen

13 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

Thanks RJ.  Not sure what it could be used for.

Nice work, Denny! I made quite a few baskets for Christmas presents. I filled them with scrolled ornaments, but I also was not sure what they were good for. My wife took two and filled then with potpourri. My beach loving next door neighbor filled hers with seashells. Just a couple of ideas. Here’s two with potpourri, one of Alex Fox’s and one of Steve Good’s.

D0D71642-74CF-4EB5-83FC-3BB42D7224C5.jpeg

3895304C-15D3-4271-AABC-234CA34690C6.jpeg

Edited by Old Joe

13 minutes ago, Old Joe said:

Nice work, Denny! I made quite a few baskets for Christmas presents. I filled them with scrolled ornaments, but I also was not sure what they were good for. My wife took two and filled then with potpourri. My beach loving next door neighbor filled hers with seashells. Just a couple of ideas. Here’s two with potpourri, one of Alex Fox’s and one of Steve Good’s.

D0D71642-74CF-4EB5-83FC-3BB42D7224C5.jpeg

3895304C-15D3-4271-AABC-234CA34690C6.jpeg

466C370B-A0F3-4643-ABD9-F8B74F11E671.jpeg

0D1D370B-7C93-4A0E-AA64-A596B727EB09.jpeg

Very nice scrolling and great ideas.

24 minutes ago, Denny Knappen said:

Very nice scrolling and great ideas.

Though beautiful, I have found Alex’s baskets to be a bit fragile to make out of solid wood. Or at least I haven’t found the perfect wood yet. Even high quality BB plywood is a bit fragile. By the way, Steve Good lasered the Lords Prayer around the top on one those baskets of his!

14 hours ago, Old Joe said:

Though beautiful, I have found Alex’s baskets to be a bit fragile to make out of solid wood. Or at least I haven’t found the perfect wood yet. Even high quality BB plywood is a bit fragile. By the way, Steve Good lasered the Lords Prayer around the top on one those baskets of his!

That is why I increased the pattern by 25%, but it was still fragile.  I will be more careful in sanding.

10 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I have cut a couple of Alex Fox's basket and have a couple more yet to do. I like the basket a lot. Yours is really nice and they do make great gifts. Thanks for sharing your post. I always enjoy seeing your work

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick.  These will probably be gifts.