Loving to learn

Sharon A

I am new to all this scrolling and sawing!  In fact I have just begun my research in the art of the scroll saw, as result of a purchase of a coin made by an artist using the scroll saw which led me to this site.  I am not creative or imaginative by nature but am willing to listen, ask questions.  I am blessed to have a woodworking friend with the tools and the knowledge. As I begin this venture I will be asking for any tricks or talents of the trade. I want to thank everyone for all the helpful tips this far.  If I could be directed to any helpful sites for coin cutting I would be ever so grateful.    

Like Kevin said. ASK anything and you will find some quick answers. Often it may be a little confusing as most scroller have their favorite saws, blades, wood, and shop set ups. That does not mean there are no right  or wrong answers, just try some of the advise given, if you don't find it to your liking try a different approach.You will discover the one you want to use for yourself. Scrolling is an ongoing learning thing where you will discover new ideas and things surfacing often. Remember to go slow, don't try too difficult patterns at first and have fun

Dick

heppnerguy

• 4 weeks later...